Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My first 5K race and Marthon running.

My start out look for the Monroe 24th Of July Milk Run.


I include this in my mornings in my preparing to run my first 5K race which might not be a marathon yet but someday I just might get there if I listen to more of this kind of advice.


Sister Elaine S. Dalton
"Sister Dalton quoted a famous African runner as having said, “The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare.” She called a long-time friend and marathon runner, Amy Heap, from the congregation and asked her what she knew about preparing for marathons. Her ready answer was that Sister Dalton herself had taught her that “You must teach yourself to mind [obey] yourself.” This was important, she said, in “… preparing precisely and preparing daily.”
Seizing on that thought, Sister Dalton asked the young women which of them would be willing to do three simple things to help them prepare to run their “spiritual” marathon. As hands were raised she charged them to pray night and morning every day, 100%, to read the Book of Mormon five minutes every day, 100% and to smile every day, 100%. She told them that, if they would do those three simple things, the Lord would support them in life’s race. “I would never ask the young women to do anything I myself did not do,” she said. She further urged them to listen carefully to the Spirit. “The Lord’s way is quiet,” she said, “and only those who are paying attention will hear Him.”

She closed her remarks citing another African marathoner as having said that “My country did not send me here to start the race, but to finish the race.” She urged the young women to finish their own spiritual marathons."


Belive it or not I took 3rd in my first 5K race and ran with my 61 year old Sister in Law Carol Dopp. A goal well made and finished. She took first for her age group. We are the best winners ever in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment