Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Freedoms what they mean to the Missionary.

1. What does freedom mean to you now that you have seen another country and some of the world outside of America the land of the free?
1. Well that's a good question. I didn't even realize it was the 4th until late yesterday. But I'm glad to be free. South Africa is alot like the states but I've heard some pretty crazy stuff from Elder Makosa about stuff you are not allowed to do in Zimbabwe
2. Does your companion get any letters from his family?
2.Yes he gets e-mails. But none of us really get letters. About that, have you heard anything from Emily at all?
3. I hope you are taking photos that are of real life like the yard or the bus you ride or the mess that is in your room(just kidding you)
3.Nope i haven't... But that's a good idea.
4. What one habit do you plan to continue in your life after the mission that you have learned on your mission?
4. Well I hope to be able to Develop a habit of doing the things I think of doing soon after I think about it and not procrastinate.
5. Have you learned to be the ward clerk now?
5.Nope, I'm going to be trained on Saturday, but I have already been in charge of depositing tithing money which was scary.
6. Have you seen any new bugs that you are taking photos of?
6.Nope I haven't seen any cool bugs lately that I've been able to take pics of. I need to carry my camera more often.
7. Please lift the mother and tell me one important thing that I taught you that is helping you on your mission (yes its been a rough day).
7.O mother I can not thank you enough for the things that you have taught me. If you had not raised me the way that you did. I would be like the young kids around here who don't seem to care about the real worth while things in life. I am reminded of the Stippling Warriors who had so much courage because "their mothers taught them" I am here on my mission because of you. Thank you so much for your pushing and your poking me towards what you knew to be the most important.
Here is were to read this small part of a Strippling Warrior story how Moms can train their sons.(47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of theirbfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.)
8. How is all your worldly goods holding up like shoes, shorts, socks, ya know the old stuff you brought with you and only wear once a week?
8.Everything is holding up good. Except one of my shoelaces came apart. I actually hardly ever where my regular clothes anymore. It's been like once ever 2 months or so.
9.One discouragement that you had and was able to make different this week.
9. Well our car has been in the shop this last week, and that was kind of discouraging, because we had to cancel all of our far away appointments. But it did lead to an opportunity to find some new investigators here in the Town.
10. Favorite Coach over the years?
But I would definitely go with Coach Willis. Coach Willis has great character and drive to accomplish things. I've always looked up to him for that.

Well it sounds like it's been a fun week and I do have to say I love getting those pictures from home. Wow mom you look.....Different. That's crazy that you are getting so fit. You'll have to keep that up so that you and I can go running in the mornings when I get back.
Well I'm not going to lie. I'm finding it harder and harder to write e-mails each week. I don't know if that's because we aren't having crazy experiences or I'm not keeping good enough track... Or maybe it's not any of those things because I'm a little tired today. So I think I will just tell you how grateful I am to have learned all of the things I have been learning. Each day whether it is in my Studies or in teaching or in Conferences or at Church. I have learned something each day. I feel like I've learned so much because I've been more prone to listen to the spirit and apply what I learn. It's so important to listen to the promptings of the spirit, and to live your life in a way that you can do so. It makes life so much easier when you can do that because it seems to make life fit together better. It's like having the box to look at when you are doing a giant jigsaw puzzle. It's much easier to have it then to have to match all the pieces without a guide. I hope that each of you are making an effort to have the spirit more abundantly in your life by keeping the commandments of God and striving to listen. Listening is important. You can be the most clean and worthy person on the earth, but it doesn't matter if you choose not to listen. When the Spirit prompts, you will know it, and when you know it do it...If that makes sense. I love each of you and I hope you will apply the things that you learn in Church and from the Scriptures. I'm proud to hear that C has been so diligent in reading the scriptures. I hope everyone will follow his example and do the same. Especially the boys who want to go on mission. What you learn from the scriptures will be invaluable to you when you go to serve the lord. keep up the good work
Love Elder T. Jones
P.S. Don't forget to find out about Emily for me and also DID EVERYONE HAVE FAMILY HOME EVENING?

From the Family to the Missionary in South Africa
I just pulled all the pic off of Pres. Poulsons storage of you when you show up in his photos that is and I think I will make a year in review when the year date comes up for you. This whole week I have had a million thoughts of things I wanted to ask you about Africa and being a missionary and I should carry a notebook because dang it I can't remember them all. Oh well you have been saved from interrogation I guess. But one big one which I will post is the one about freedom what it's meaning to you now having been in another country. J just stepped on a sticky pad that catches mice and there was a mouse on it she freaked out and is screaming at the top of her lungs. Everyone who was asleep is not any more that's for sure. I am laughing so hard I am the one who she wanted to have pull it off and that's what you get when you walk without your contacts on. Sorry that was so random but I laughed my head off and made her hold still while I tried to take a pic with my phone but it wouldn't take for some reason. I am really laughing hard right now and she is very mad at me. I am going to be running in the MILK run for the 24th of July maybe jogging slowly would be a much better description to state Cristy and I are doing it together. I can go 5 miles at least once a week, wish I could get J or C and Mc to go with me but they are kinda wimpy about the long length. C should be starting because of wanting to do football. Jer's surgery went pretty good. He had a rough time going without water and every tap or sink or water fountain outside the hospital he begged to get water from. He went under begging for water and came up out yelling for water. He drank it so fast it was kinda scary because they were concerned that he might puk having still sorta a sleepiness about him. He then tried to yank the IV off and the oxygen sat monitors which were on his feet. We finally bribed him with a diesel truck if he left them alone and he did. He carries that truck everywhere with him now. They filed his funny cupped tooth straight and they are so very clean now. The scar tissue was sorta attached to his vocal cords causing him to have that deep voice and now it's a bit higher since there isn't interference there. He also isn't having the pucking gagging reflex that he can't stop going on so maybe they really did fix a rough problem for him time will tell especially in the winter time. He can be pretty mischievous and the medicine sure made him funny I got some silly pic of him when we were leaving the hospital. Caleb is really doing good with reading his scriptures still. I wish J would though. Taush went on the 4 year level hike with J. J took 3rd running the barrels at the Salina rodeo and Big K beat her riding the Rodeo Pres. horse she took 1st place. Next year if they do it they have to ride against the big girls and make it really count so we will see what happens for the two of them. It's been one of those weeks where I can't wait to have school start just because the kids are bored and always begging me to take them to the canal. Thank goodness Dad got some help out of C to cut & swath hay and run the baler hopefully it won't rain and they can get it all up with it dry for once. The snake never did come back out and so we have no idea where it's at but it sure isn't getting rid of the crazy mice situation that we have this year it's rather irritating how many there are this year too. Well I am going to try and send a few more pic on separate mails and hopefully they will come to your viewing abilities. Oh and if I forgot C was ordained a Teacher not sure if I told you that already or not. I love you and Dad says he loves you too. C says he is an old guy who likes to still ride buggies to work and would if he could but can't so he has old trucks instead and that means the white truck is finally working again. Keep smiling and love ya alot.
The Mom.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! You are amazing to get this information down. You won't regret it. I wish I could remember how I felt about specific things on my mission. It's been 26 years and now I have a son serving. I am grateful for your example. I was thinking about asking questions to my son. He's not a great writer. I love what you've done. Thank you so much! Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete