Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Missionary made a district leader for Tazneen

1. Have you had to use your converter very often?
1. I only use the converter when I send pics. I just got a new one with the money you sent so it should work. I just sent some pics with it. I hope it lasts though because it is cheap.
2. What kind of exercising are you doing is it only soccer?
2.I actually haven't played soccer since I got here to Tzaneen. I usually just do some push ups and jumping jacks or what what when I wake up in the morning.
3. When will you be going to another zone conference.
3. That is an absolutely good question, because I'm not sure. The mission just sent around an e-mail saying that the missions all over are changing, and we will only have ZC 4 times a year now. We will be going through some new teaching skills training that they are implementing into the MTC's. so I will have to wait for transfer news to come out, so I can know that.
4.How is Beverly progressing?
4. Beverly has been baptized!!!!
5.What is one new tradition that you have learned about while in Tazaneen?
5. One new tradition.
6.Please tell us a small story that your companion has told you about his country that borders the area you are now in.
6. Well alot of people here, actually almost all people here speak Sesotho and I have really been trying to learn as much of that as I can. Tumela-hello, Leeki-How are you, Rona, I'm fine...
7.Do people sing on the street like they did in Soweto?
7. Just me and my companion.
8.Mc wants to know if you have eaten grub worms like in the pictures we saw before you left?
8.I have eaten only one, but it was dried and tasted like Cardboard. I have yet to eat them prepared as a juicy meal. But I fear I will regret that day.
9.What are the houses like in the village?
9.You will see a picture of one in the pics that I sent.
10.Are there flowers there and what do they look like can you take pictures?
10.Well that's a good question. There are some unique flowers here but not many many. I haven't taken any pics of them. By the way, did somebody enter my photos in the fair?
11.Did you get Emily's letter yet?
11. Nope I haven't gotten any letters in a very long time.

Well I'm going to make this e-mail short even though I have alot to say. With Sister Beverly we managed to set an interview for her this week and she passed with flying colors. I baptized her and I almost fell. She is a big woman, but she is defiantly converted. I would say you have to be to have gone so long and finally realize that you can't make excuses anymore. It was a fantastic baptism and we had 83 people at church, that is a record number here. It was a fantastic Sunday. Now for earlier in the week, Saturday morning to be exact, We received transfer news because transfers are coming up on Wednesday. Well this phone call was from President Poulsen and he was calling to assign me as the new District Leader here in Tzaneen since our District leader is leaving. I sure hope I can cope with it. I am grateful for that e-mail Dad it has really helped me alot I have realized a little through out this week that things are going to get really stressful but I can't let it get me down. I am only just one man...Young man and I can only do my best, and if I'm doing my best that's what the Lord wants. Thanks Dad so much and although I'm meshing all of my writing into one letter because of time I really appreciate you alot and if makes me feel like a load of pressure is gone whenever I hear from you.

Sincerely,

Elder T. Jones


The Dads letter this time.

Hi Bud
It's your Dad. It sounds like you have alot going on in your new area with being the ward clerk and teaching new branch members how to organize the congregation. At the same time you still have to keep up with the missionary work. It appears to be a daunting task to perform. But, I know you can do it. The lord has great things planned for you. He will not ask anything of you that you can't do. The more you learn, the easier it gets. Learning is not always in books or the scriptures. Although they are important. Sometimes the best way to learn is by doing. This can be stressful with so much responsibility, and you can do it. I know what you are capable of. Listen to the holy ghost and follow the promptings he gives you. Pray always, and follow his guidance. You will not go wrong.
Some times your companions can be a little challenging. If they come from areas or cultures that are different it makes it even more difficult. Learn from them. Everybody has something to teach and to learn. Don't get discouraged, it only slows a person down. Be positive at all times and take on a good attitude. It is amazing how much your attitude can effect your success.
On my mission I converted three people, one of them was me. It isn't import how many people you baptize, it's important how many people you convert. Stay in tune and the spirit will lead you to the people prepared to hear the Gospel.
Things are speeding along on this side of the world. summer is half over and thing's are so busy we haven't taken much time to enjoy it. Between the hospital and the farm we don' t stop moving. I'm sure mom keeps you up to date on what's happening but life is always crazy in such a big household. Tomorrow your mother is going to run in a three mile race on the 24th of July milk run. She has been training for about a month now. Since she has lost so much weight she thinks it's time to get into shape and start doing things. J found that Hobbles can run and now is barrel around the area. She is also doing the tecky thing at the high school again with the plays. I didn't know they did plays during the summer. But what do I know I'm just the father. J is broadening
her circle of friends which is nice.
I'm trying to learn to e-mail so my letters will be more frequent. Its a challenge I plan to master. I have to go now but I will try to be better at writing more often.
Love Dad.

K's letter to you.
How is it going and how have you been? I can't wait till school starts and I got new cool shoes to wear but Mom won't let me wear them yet.
I have been going to church lately and it has been a great time. Krista was here from Texas and substitutes taught my class today.
I love you very much Love K



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Moms letter now.
One of the Moms of a missionary leaving to go there on Mon. said that they have read and reread all our questions trying to learn what they can about being a missionary there. So thanks for being such a good writer son
I am just writing about the family going ons I promise that letter was your Dads but I had to let him go through my email. I am going to slowly teach him to do it through his. It was pretty funny watching him, it took him forever to type out I thought that it was going to be like the longest letter on earth until he had me do the spell check and realized it wasn't but he put lots of thought into what he wanted you to hear. Stay happy and at peace even if that area is tough you were sent there for a reason one I know because you are such a bright light of happiness to those who do not know truth just make sure you let it shine and not your frustration. Sat. night J ran the barrels in Scipio. She didn't win even Big K didn't win. But they had fun. Aunt Celia told us that she had just been talking with Brother Kolicker who is home for 4 weeks to meet with the brethren and you came up and how you had spoken with him a few times. He said now isn't he in Tazneen right now? She was unsure what the place was called but said yes he isn't in the city now. Brother Kolicker said that is a very tough place to be and he will do a very good job with his attitude for that place. So he still remembers you and your light and that your will have an affect just because you let it shine there even if know one yet comes to the waters of baptism. Just serve your fellow man humbly and happily and you will somehow touch them.
Chas Hathaway was in the township Seshego and he also says he is so jealous. They would go over to Tazneen because it was in the same district is what I think he called it. He misses Africa. Dad's first comment about you and hiking in the jungle was "don't, especially if your companion doesn't want to. He would know first hand and it most likely would not be safe and safety is the most important for you whether that is spiritual, physical or mental. He didn't write that in his note because he wrote several days after we got your letter and most likely forgot that he had said that. Also maybe feeding the monkeys isn't a very good idea as what if one of them bites you. So he doesn't want you to do that either unless Elder Makoso says its an ok thing". Sorry I am sounding bossy Mommy, it's just that I love you lots and it's what I do. This week was a wild one. I had had enough of the boys not cleaning a thing up and making it slowly worse. You couldn't even get in C and Mc room plus there was a tube of toothpaste from a camp bag that got stepped on over and over into the carpet but it was under so many layers who would have known. Also tent was laid across the laundry room to to long. All privileges to go and do were suspended until a huge list of put back together got fixed. They didn't believe me the first day and dragged every job out till J ended up missing Tec and that she was supposed to do plus losing her phone C also lost his phone but didn't bring it to me and they ran away. C and her walked to do the dog kennels. They then walked to young mens,womens and it was Bishop interviews. C insisted that he wasn't going to be going to the temple outing because of football starting so he started for home and J went with them to do the interviews. She came back way humbled. C walked all the way home so he had gone all the way around the valley. He had to get up at 6am and do his jobs to make it so I was willing to take him to wrestling came the next morning. But he did it and the room can finally be walked into and the toothpaste is cleaned up. The white truck took up time again and kept me in town and not finishing the cleaning up that was needed but Mc and Z really went to town cleaning. J even did and said "Mom I vacuumed like you do" which it's about time. I have managed to still run about every other day so I am ready for my race goal. I have always wanted to run in the Milk Run I think because Twila did and I thought well if she can I should be able to also. That was a lot of years ago. So I have finally done it. Aunt Carol at 61 years of age ran with me and came in one sec behind me. I had my phone out and was looking at the time that I had crossed and she was right behind me and said what time is it and my clock had changed just before that. She kept right up with me she slowed and then would catch up and slow and catch up. I just had to keep the steady pace I never really stoped except to gulp a drink at the mid point. I had a hard time catching my breath at the bottom of my lungs which really bugged me finally at the half way point I was able to breath deeply the whole last part. I took 3rd place for my age group I was not the last by a long shot and I ran it in 33.53 min which is faster then I had ever timed myself. I felt pretty good and I got a bronze medal out of it. Then I had to turn around and walk the whole main street route with the cub scouts. Its a good thing that I have been sometimes walking up to 6 miles with running. I must admit my legs were tired, pavement is harder to go on all around. Well today both Russell and Kathrine did their farewells and leave on Wed. for the MTC one going to the Kathrine to the Ukraine Russian speaking and Russell to California. Well I can't really think more what to say mostly because I want to hear what you have to say I personally love to hear from you and all that you are doing right now. I am going on a walk with your Dad now and we sent swimming for family home evening and it was Dads idea the kids loved it.
Love ya son

No comments:

Post a Comment