Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Two Latter day Saint views of the Book of Mormon Musical

1.view.  A Latter-day Saint view of Book of Mormon musical  Head of Public Affairs, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Michale Otterson Writes for the Washington Post.
2.view. I used to think that Broadway was so cool.  Yes I once lived in New York and worked there as well, attending a few shows as well during my college years. Well its now not so cool when you think that it has a play that makes fun of the very thing my son has given up two years of his life to serve the Lord in doing good things. Yes he is Elder Jones a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and he shares the Book Of Mormon with others in AFRICA.

While serving he has done many Good Things like distributing school supplies at an orphanage, serving a native when his home was destroyed by a hail storm, or carrying buckets of water so that orphans can wash dishes, hands, and clothing. My son did those things this year while serving an LDS mission IN Africa (2009 to2011). This leads me to state that after seeing many reviews but not the play itself, along with noting that I have never liked South Parks shows written by the same authors as this musical I am not ever if given the chance going to waste my time nor money on such a show like this.
I would far rather put money towards a box filled with supplies to help a child read or food that will grow a strong body knowing it will be sent to Africa by the Mormons!

Read this mans review to see another view point by clicking  above on the red link.

I echo the statements he makes and I maintain this same Faithful statement:

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things. Article of Faith:13

1 comment: