Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trunky info letter coming our way.

1.What have I done to be a good missionary Mom?
1. Just What your doing I guess. It's hard for me to answer that because I  only get e-mails from you once a week. I guess that's all I can ask for. You've been great.

2.Please tell me what I should not have done while you were serving your mission, Please be very honest about this one.
2.I think your doing great.

3. Zone goal or should it be better stated you and your companions goal for this month?
3. Well just zone goal because that's the focus for now

4.7 New missionaries arriving what does that do to the mission goals? I know that there are like 7 coming from the Provo MTC.
4. That doesn't effect the goal unless their is a new area opened in the zone or mission

5. Are you and Elder Palmer running too?
5.Nope :(

6. Are there other companions in your flat?
6.nope

9,.How many missionaries are there in your mission, do you know total Mark is asking?
9.i don't actually know the total, but it's around 184

10.Why did these new missionaries go to the Provo MTC?
10. there could be lots of reasons for that, the most common one is that they are cleaning the mtc here

11.When you were in Tazaneen was the town fenced to keep the animals out?
11.I'm not sure what you mean by fenced in, There are Fences around almost every house in south Africa apart from the villages, due to the crime, But one big fence around the town i don't think so.

12.Was Matupou fenced like a compound?
12.Nope

13.Did you see any Crocodiles? Jo is doing a talk about the Bruce R Maconki(sp?) talk about the crocodiles in life and how its like the ones he saw in Africa.
13.nope

14.Mark says if you are liking the chocolate there you need to make sure you send lots home so that you can have it or you will be missing it lots.
14. I'll see what I can do.

Well the biggest news this week is that due to the circumstances of now having to come home early, I have received the news that I'm being transferred to a new area, otherwise me and my companion would be going home at the same time, and they would have to white wash our area, so I'm going to my last area for 1 transfer and then coming home. It's a little lame to have had such a short area, but I hope I did some good. I will tell you where I am in my next e-mail, because as of right now I don't even know where I'm going.
As for weekly news, we've don't alot of finding this week because most of the people that we were teaching are no longer being taught due to their choice or lack of progression. We've now started focusing our efforts in the area closer to our chapel, so that we can get people to church. And it's been hard, a lot of the people closer to the chapel are a little better off in the world and don't seem to have the humility that others have.
On a good note we have two investigators who have now been changing alto and have made some progress, the first is Ralph. he came to church perfectly sober and has expressed the fact that he now is trying to quit smoking and has accepted a date for baptism. The other is a girl named Leri, who missed her baptism, because she felt she was unprepared, now after having gone to institute and received some answers she has requested to be baptized as soon as she can, which will be july17th. We had a baptism on Sunday of 6 girls who have been coming to church for about 2 years now and have been up and down in their progression. They are called the Buhle Angels (self proclaimed as such).

Overall I feel like it's been a good week and I'm excited to go and see more of Africa, where ever it will be.
Elder T. Jones

This week Son
Mc had a blast in Cali snorkeling and collecting shells along with going to lots of fun places. C loves wrestling and was way bummed when he came home to find only him home as all the others were at camps and he just wanted someone to wrestle with. K was like looking at you the first time you went to scout camp. He loved it. He has a stick with feathers and everything. Jo has been getting her horse all ready to ride by going all the way to Elsinore and then Travis brings them back. They finally were able to get the river back into the banks down by Whites but it sure made a huge mess of the road. They had to open the old railroad track to get in and out since that road was a river instead of a road to Whites house. Jo did the rodeo Queen stuff but she sure has a lot to learn about being a lady and not a tom boy. Her horse decided to not be willing to turn during the ride and that really messed her up. Kaily won again for the second time this year. She is the fair queen and the Salina queen which really has boosted her confidence up, its the first time she has ever won so it made her feel pretty dang good after trying these many many years. Poor Travis, Dad let him drive Jo and the horse home with the truck and trailer and it lost its tread and then before we caught up to them a highway patrol man was there helping them. He was a bit nervous to drive after that because he does not want to hurt Dads truck since he really likes it alot. Jer has like a flu and gave it to me so sitting in the sun about sapped all out of me along with the fact that he has not slept well for 4 nights now. Jo leaves for girls camp tomorrow and I hope she doesn't get sick with it too because her tonsils are really sore tonight she says. We are just waiting to see exactly how much money they are giving to you for the financial aid status before I can determine if there is enough funding to do on campus housing this first semester or if you will have to wait it out till Jan. I am a bit nervous because they said it would take 6 weeks to get it all in order since we did not do it like back in Jan. So I check every day and we wait to see what happens. I am pretty sure that all will work out the best way maybe not the way we want it but the best way and we must be prayerful and patient.

Well this week the news has had a huge hot spot that drew lots of attention to the Book of Mormon, there is a play on Broadway called BOM Musical, its filled with lots of parody and satire written by the South Park authors. It got 9 tony awards but lots of religious people are not please at all with it and that's other religions that we are talking about. The thing that gets me is that its about two Elders that go to Uganda faced with all the issues that Africa has within its boarders and from poverty to aids and how they deal I guess. It has raised a huge ruckus but the church is just using the curiosity to proclaim more about it the gospel and the truth of the BOM. Also one of the Billings Montana mission is doing a facebook mission response to see if they can get others to ask them mission questions. One of the Savage boys from Sigurd is in that mission and they made a comment about it on facebook his mom is my friend because of Jorja doing 4H. Well I can't think of anything else to say other then I could use a prayer today for me. Its been a rough week the washer broke so that backed up all the laundry and the boys seem to not keep things cleaned up very well so it makes for a sad mom and a messy house. I am sorry that there are miss spelled words but the computer has these dang glitches now and it shut everything down and I lost half my letter so I had to do all kinds of stuff to make it work so that I could just send this to you. I am really tired after all this so good night love you have a great day and just know that  Dad has not even gotten on the computer since the letter mess up since it is being so frustrating for all of us to even make it work at times now. Please tell me your thoughts about the mission. Have an amazing week tell us all about it Love you lots and lots.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment