Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Elder Jones Going to Soweto and New Companion.

1. no members e-mail me.
2.yeah she did shock me some more. I'ts preatty sweeeeeet!!!!!!!
3.10 Contacts a day is way harder then it sounds. but we have been coming close.
4. I was just asking about it because we have been contacting a tone of people and it's hard to remember all that we should call back or visit and stuff.

Thanks family for all of the pictures. they are great! It's good to see the family having some good times in the snow, while i toast over here. Before i go much further in my letter i Want to say Happy Late BIRTHDAY to mom. I didn't forget, I just kept forgeting to mention it in my e-mails so i hope it was a good e-mail and i'm still looking for some cool gifts for everyone.
Well things have been really cool and i was wondering if dad has ever eaten ox/cow tail. We had some the otherday in a stew and it was pretty good, but it is way hard to eat you have to cook it for along time so it gets tender. but it was tasty.
Anyway, this week has been quite eventfull and supprising. Yo know how last week i told you that Elder Mcombs would be transferd and that i would be the oldest in the district? Well He is, but i'm getting transferd too. i thought i would have six more weeks here in Ridgway but i guess not. I am now moving on to my 3rd companion and my 2nd area. The place i am going is called Dopsenvill Soweto. I've been told that it's kind of a dodgey place. There are alot of tsoties (thugs) there, but aparently everyone is afarid to rob anyone there for fear of getting mugged back. So yeah i don't really know. All i know is that i'm ready know, but i wasn't ready when i got the call to leave. I'm kind of upset because we just started to teach some awesome investigators who have just been eating it up. They have been going to church and doing all of the things we've asked. It was kind of a shme but i will meet new people in soweto and it will be just as good an experience. Sorry i don't have to much else to say or any pics to send, but i will next week. Today we are going on a tour of the 2010 world cup stadium so that's pretty sharp!

I love everyone and i still enjoy letters and e-mails
Love Elder Tyrell Jones

Dear ELDER Tyrell Jones
1.Do lots of ward members email you? And what about college friends several are facebook followers on my blog is why I wondered. Girls that is;)
2. So did the sister that shocked you and came last week shock you some more?
3. Have you gotten your ten contacts this week?
4. We are not sure what you are asking when you say suggestions on how to remember people we have contacted. Dad said "huh what is he meaning and then well write everything down in a journal and make sure you keep there names and mail info." The journal is the most important record you have but you have to write it down." I will try copying some of his journal entries but he admits that he didn't write in them as much as he wished years later since he never thought he would forget names and things but sadly now looking back that's what happens so WRITE everything down that you would think is important and that you might forget. I was just finishing putting the kids to bed last night and Dad starts yelling at me to come watch this thing with him. It was a BYU documentary on the beginning of the LDS church in Africa. it was amazing how long they waited to have the priesthood and allowance to be baptized and a church organized in that country and
they were still faithful all by themselves. The Lord has a wonderful plan if we will just be willing to be mold able in his hands and do as he whispers to us. I am so grateful that you have chosen to be willing to serve him in a land that is seeking even when some of them do not realize that they are seeking.
It looks like there will soon be another mission there. Dad said that when they start pulling missionaries from one area into another area and splitting the lines up its the beginning add steps is what Dad called it. We noticed that the Durban mission has had new boundary lines and several were pulled from your mission to there because a MM (missionary Mom) made a comment about how however son was changed over to the other mission and he only has a few months left before he is done. Several Missionaries from this valley and Ephraim were called to serve in the Durban mission this month that have showed up on the MM site and so I guess you might not ever make it to the Lestho area.
Your haircut looks good so does he have his own clippers and did his Mom teach him how before he left. That's a talent they should teach all elders so it can cut their costs on the mission true? Well this week has been frustrating. And know that we think any amount in your letters are fine we are just glad we get something once a week and dont have to wait for boats to sail around the world to get it to us.
The road finally killed Dads little car. It riped the struts out and it will cost somewhere around 600.00 to fix. He has decided that it would just be better to fix the white truck and drive those kinds on the road we have. I am not sure if i told you that we went into get your old car licensed and it has to have all new tie rods done so its not drivable. And then the Red truck lost its ignition start so I have been car less and walking to Jer.'s bus and Chad brings him to me. We hope Andrew hurries to get the truck fixed but dread the gas costs cause its starting to rise again. Our road is a nightmare, Aunt Terry brought K. home sick yesterday and the oil pan got riped out of hers on that stupid road and they had just put a new one on. So when you think about buying a vehicle a small truck might be best if your going to come visit us.
J. and I went to an activities about preparing for the temple. She had to give a talk about Choice and Accountability. She did pretty well but Dad and I both had to help her to write the talk. She does not have the same skill of putting words together to make a story or subject flow like you do I Hope it will come with maturation. She had never even though about what color she would want to be at her wedding or the style of dress. All the other girls knew exactly what they wanted. I made an envelope for her temple clothing with her favorite temple which is the Oquirrh Mountain temple.embroidered on it. I think thats mostly cause she got to go inside and see all through it. There was a hanky and a temple recommend holder and a how to make a marriage work booklet. There was also a letter about what qualities she wanted in a guy to be filled out and she didnt want to do that. She wanted me to fill it out. I told her no that wasn't for
me to do what i wanted and what she wanted are not going to be the same. They had me write a letter to her and the leaders and bishop wrote a letter to her. She put on a paper a dress that she picked out and brides maids dresses and some color swatches that she picked. Then it was all sealed in a gold can to be opened when she was preparing to attend the temple to be married. I wonder how much will happen between these years. Some of the girls could be married next year so it was funny to watch how and what they choose. J. and Dainia were the only ones who were there of there age.
On Monday we go up to see if the stuff is helping Jer. to grow and if they will keep doing it for him. I am still trying to figure out the car thing though. It looks like it will be the gas hog sub that I have to drive up there.
I read the best scripture last night I even got to read it to J. and talk about that we need to really ask before we study or attend semeinary or church to help us understand what the Lord wants us to know. She I hope understood what I was meaning. 2Nephi :32-4 the forth line and then 8-9 that is a classic statment about how we need to ask and not keep questioning and have faith and belive. But for some it is easier then for others. I am sure it would be easier if we prayed more and were sincere about wanting to understand like even attending Church. So did the sister that shocked you and came last week shock you some more?
Well I just figured out how to add the photos so I guess I better send this and next time add some more I hope I do not crash the computer you are using by sending these but have fun looking and next time I will send M. and C. photos more ok. Love Ya and have a wonderful week.
The Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment