Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Transfered to Germiston South Africa

Dear Family
Well I'm now in a place called Germiston and I'm serving with none other than the Famous Elder Palmer, the same Elder Palmer that was in my district in Tzaneen for 7 months. So far I'm still trying to get my barrings in the new area and zone, but I'm enjoying it. I'm not struggling to adjust to my companion because I already know him really well. We are hoping to have 4 baptisms this coming Sunday. I've already been on exchanges with one of our District leaders and he's a great focused missionary. His companion's  name is also Elder Jones so it was funny because everyone in their area thought I was joking when I introduced myself. Our zone is really doing great on their goal achievement, The goal for this month is 31 and we are at 22, which will probably be completed by this coming Sunday. It's nice to see that we can achieve our goals of bringing souls to Christ. Sadly I am struggling to think of things to write so I'm going to have to think a minute..... Well I've really got nothing, I'm just going to have to wait until I've had a full week here in Germiston and then I'll have lots to say, Lots of questions from you guys really helps as well.
Love Elder Jones
Which one of my cousins is coming home early???

The family news.
So the rest of the news and to answer your question.
The missionary who came home early was one of your older cousins that came home like 3 weeks early to start school and I am not sure who Aunt Carol was saying it was when she was telling us about Trents new job. It could have been one of hers or someone in their ward I am not sure, it was just someone that came up in our conversation because of the school timing and such. Sam (from Cape Verda) comes home in July and is going to be going to school here in Richfield and working is what I have been told so far. Devon well he only writes like one liners so I don't know much except that he is in Main right now and loves being a missionary and is not done until Dec some time. That's all of the cousins that are out right now.  Today was high councilor Sunday. Brother Brady (who also served in Johannesburg South Africa and taught Tyrell is highschool) 
spoke and he talked about education. You should read D&C 88 75 to 79 in 79 it talks about all the areas that we should study so that we can be prepared in all ways. I did not catch the scripture spot but then he said the one that says "the only thing that we can take with us at the end of our lives is that knowledge that we have gained, and based on what we spent our time learning will dictate the levels of the places and glories that we can attain to. He went on tell tell us that it is so very very important to encourage our children to learn and that he is watching a slipping of kids that just want to get by and it is and will affect the world that we live in. It will also affect the quality of life that your family has in the end he stated. He said that often youth will say they want to be a doctor and then it will list out the 4 years of college plus the 4 years of med school and then if you specialize there could be even as much as 5 more years by that time most say never mind I will be to old. But when you reach that age where you would have been when finally done with school are you going to be in a better place if you never started or choose to do something less hard and are you actually fulfilled in what your doing because your still going to reach that age sooner or later. And if learning is so important then why shrink away from it if that is what keeps you healthy (look at note late in this letter on healthy part) and gains you a higher place in the here afters. Not that he thinks the only way is college but that doing and always always learning is so so so important. Of course I think that is the most important thing you can do, continue to always stretch your mind at all times. Interestingly enough did you know that is one of the things that keeps a person from disintegrating into all timers keeps the brain healthy is to try to learn an new puzzle or game and they rehabilitate the elderly that way once they get them on medicine to help combat the issues that can start. one dang important reason to learn right. His was a really good talk that's for sure.
Well school is fast coming to an end and the kids I hope I can keep them busy. The weather is so dang weird. It has literally rained for a whole week straight Sat was so sunny and then today back to black dark thundering storms. Its so wet we cant plant and the river is scary. The bottoms at our house are a total river now. All roads closed to Annabella except one and its even getting risky. Because they rebuilt our bridge in down by Mills our road is ok but all the new fencing and rip rap that we put in in 2005 and stuff is going to be soon ripped out as the debris keeps hitting it. I watched a huge tree going down the river the other day and hope that its not off our banks in the bottoms. The snow is not even melted at all as a matter o fact it snowed more in the tops and the ski resorts will be open until July they said. Pictures don't even do the mess justice.
I will send some soon as I have finally gotten them all cleaned off Dads computer so now I just have to off load the camera.
We are also all holding our breath as there is a really bad virus that kills horses that got brought from Canada to a show in Ogden and if they find one horse in our state with it then they will have to cancel all shows and that sucks cause the state show was to be held here at the Blackhawk and Jo has every intention of winning and being there no matter what. Cristy also had a baby and is it a beauty they named it Coco. It was born on the 17th.
Just so you know Dad did send a Birthday letter but when I looked to see if you had returned a note to him I came to realize that he had somehow deleted instead of sent and he has not gotten back on again to fix that. Please know that he tried but I am not sure what happened because he did the whole thing this time without my help except setting him up.  
Well where are you in that huge land and tell us our adventures for this week. We love you lots.
Love Mom
Oops we are running out of question ideas after these many months. Heck after all this time we need ideas give us some.

No comments:

Post a Comment