Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Missionary!!!

So this week has been a good week.
I'm not going to have time to write much, but I would like to ask some q's mom. Which of those Classes listed will be required for me to take and which ones will help me be on track for graduation? I spoke to my Mission President and he recommended that I start school as soon as I can and if that means October then so be it. I just want to be smart about it and know how to schedule it right. Give me some details on how things might work out if I was able to do all 12 credits. Whether it be both online and at school or one or the other. Cause I'm not sure if I got it clearly. I really enjoyed that Mothers Day phone call. I think if anything it helped me to focus alot better.

Anyway, let me give you the weekly rundown.
As you know we had zone conference on Monday so I sent you an e-mail on Tuesday and the rest of Tuesday was p-day so we only had a few appointments that night. Our first was with a member family that we have been trying to get involved in inviting their friends to Church and just be missionary minded, it was a great lesson. We showed some missionary DVDs and then talked about how important it is to have investigators who have friends in the church, otherwise they are likely to go less-active or inactive. Sister Klopper could totally relate because that is how she still feels. She is partially inactive and she just feels like she doesn't fit in with everyone else. the church is a lot different then the church she used to attend. Either way I think things are going well now because their whole family came to church this Sunday and it's usually only Bro Klopper who comes. After the klopper family we saw a nice little family that is excited for baptism(the only thing is that as of yesterday they are no longer in our ward boundaries so we won't be teaching them anymore it will be the Mamelodi Elders.) They are in the beginning stages of being taught but their great.

Wednesday was also great, we started off by visiting two different members and trying to get them engaged in just getting to know their neighbors and it's working because one of them told us a whole lot about one of his neighbors that he just decided to go and talk to. I hope that leads to baptisms in the future. Later the day went well and we decided to do some Business tracting (If you don't know what that is please ask because I'm not sure if I explained it) and we set up some appointments from that. later on we went to the Van Dyk family to teach their neighbor who was progressing well but sent us an sms yesterday telling us that she didn't want to participate anymore, I'm not sure why I guess will just have to find out from the Van Dyk family tonight. After seeing them we taught another family that is now out of our boundaries, Chriselda and Ishmael, and that also went well.

Thursday was our weekly planing just as usual so straight after planning we got lunch and then went of to do business tracting again, it also proved successful. After a long while of business tracting we Visited the Baldwin family and we did some missionary work with them. They have recently giving out some Church DVDs so we were talking about the next steps that they were going to take to continue helping their friends learn the gospel. After that appointment we just did some running around trying to visit past contacts and do some finding because our night appointments had cancelled.

Friday was great. We attended District Meeting with The Soshanguve district and I'm not sure if they were really prepared because it was very short and we talked about things that we had talked about before so I don't know. After DM we got lunch at Subway, which is rare in South Africa because there are only 14 of them in the whole country and it turns out that there is one around here. After lunch we did more business tracting, and then taught Chriselda again. I'm not sure what happened but her husband dodged out on us. After Chriselda we visited the Van Dyk family to see Lina again and it went great so I just dont' understand why she doesn't want to see us anymore.

Saturday was mentally stressful! It's week five of the transfer and on the Saturday of week five we get the news about who will be leaving and staying and who will be getting leadership calls and what not. So I was on edge because there was a definite chance of me leaving, and a slim chance of me staying do to the fact that Elder Hatch goes home next transfer. So it was in the back of my mind all day and finally when we got the call it turns out I am leaving. Where I will be going I don't know, but I know I will still be a Zone Leader. I leave on Wed. so you will find our where I am next week. Anyway the day was full of tracting around and checking up on old contacts, o yeah and a member invited us over for dinner and cake since it was my Birthday. Elder Lechner also bought me some Birthday muffins and left them at the members house for me to pick up. I did where the glasses, but not all day.

Sunday was a good day, we had church and I gave my departing testimony, after Church we had Lunch with the Vermulen family and it was awesome because they had invited a nonmember to church and he also came to lunch. He is one of the Daughters driving instructors and I guess she talks to him about the church all the time so he wanted to visit. I tell you it's just that easy to invite someone to church. The lunch went well and we got to know him really well. He's Defiantly prepared to have the gospel in his life. After lunch our next appointment that kept was with Bro Aubrey and his family, unfortunately Bro Aubrey didn't want to join us so I hope everything is ok. After Aubrey we went to an appointment to find no one home so we hit our back up plan and found a family to teach. The family is a family from Uganda and they are not currently going to church, they accepted the invitation to come next week so I hope that goes well. That pretty much ended our night as well as the week. We came home did call ins and I flopped on the bed to go to sleep.

2. Tell us an adventure that you had this week.
2. Well an adventure would just have to be as shown above.

3. Please fill us in more on what your Pres. said and about the come home early thought that I presented because of school?
3.He just said that he doesn't like the idea of missionaries going home and having time to waste. So he suggested I enroll.

4. What is the thoughts of psychology coming up for these days based on that you talked about in the phone call. What made you start talking to companions and flat mates about it for? Is it because of the Zone Leader position that you are in?
4. I will have to explain that one another day, but it's not just from being a Zone Leader

5. Did you read that cool talk that I sent you it is so good to be able to share with new members on ways to grow closer together in marriage and family life.
5.I haven't yet but it's sitting on my desk ready to be read.

6. Did you ever read the scriptures I sent yet?
6.Can you send them again I can't recall that right now, Sorry I love you

I love all of you and I'm glad to know everyone is doing great.
Elder T. Jones

Mon, May 16, 2011
HaPpY BiRthDaY you are now grown up so they say! How does it feel and we hope you wore our party glasses all day long just kidding. 21 or did you even remember that is was your big one and that it was that day of days?
Answers About College online when you get home.
 These classes are all online done at home classes that you will start as soon as you sleep and then wake up you will have to work hard and fast to catch up but the teachers seem to think you can and for sure if you keep missionary study a part of your life you will be able to. Permission has been given to start a month late if necessary.
Now I want to know more about what your Mission Pres. said to you about going to school because one of your cousins came home early so that he could enter the school date on time and I did not know this but it is an option if the end of mission is so close to the start of school. You of course would need to pray about that and maybe decide before the Pres. switch happened but you would still need to live at home as I can't get you into the campus classes they are filling way to fast along with the fact that you have no place to live. The jump in classes for Oct. are not working and are not enough credits to cover all for the use of the grant money which is a requirement. Most important Dad wants you to be here and start fresh in Jan on campus as he says "your going to have a hard enough time just adjusting to coming home and doing school bam as soon as you hit here unless you arrange to come back earlier to start the online classes and then you still will have to adjust and I guess because it was really hard for him he thinks it will be really hard for you too". Also call it selfish on all of the families parts but we just can't stand the idea of you going right off to school and not being with us for just a little bit, Jo said today that she can't wait to have you here and just do things with you. I would say that Dad is the one who keeps dropping hints about it the most whenever the statement about doing the jump in classes came up and you leaving so soon after getting home. But he is more ok about the fact that you would stay and do online class work before leaving to head off to school on campus in Jan. He is nervous that you will need to really focus and work fast though but he wants you to not wast education time as it can really affect how long it takes to get through. I hope you can feel the love at the moment and not the what the heck they are all trying to keep be from growing up and leaving if you get my drift.
Saturday we spent cleaning and cooking and moping to have dinner with the missionaries that ended up having crossed over planes so we told them to just come get the food they could have it for dinner tomorrow as we were supposed do dinner tomorrow after all the mix up but then they couldn't because of correlation meeting. They never showed up to get the food so we are not sure whats up with that. Early in the morning we did weighing in sheep for 4H for K first time, Jo is doing a steer and a pig and C is doing only a steer and Mc wont do any of them this time. We got a new ice cream maker so tonight we spent making homemade ice cream with our hand crank gallon mixer. T came and a friend of Jos called Mari. I think they had fun but it took a very long time to make the stuff. The river finally is overflowing the banks and the whole bottoms is under water with the field starting to slowly look like a new lake moving ever closer to the house. I will send pic soon but the computer has so many on them that we have to either get sticks or cds and burn them off before it crashes the drive. Jo and C are whipping through their online class so far. Its kind of hard to get them to settle down and do some time but all I have to do is tell her that T can not spend time with her and then she kicks in to gear and then C out of competitiveness gets caught right up fast with her. I wish he would do a Spanish class online as he and even you (a language) need to do that for college graduation stuff. The online school has plug ins that help you learn the language maybe when he gets done with this one which is finance stuff. Oh I think Dad hopes that you can help him pour flooring in the basement so that we can get heat coils down there, he all of a sudden is like it has just got to get done. He to is thinking of doing an online class with math to start getting his degree finished.
Well that's all the news for the week, Love you will all my heart and hope that you have the greatest week ever, that maybe you can teach a new person or help someone grow more in the gospel and that includes a missionary or yourself.
i love u tyrell love jer jonesqwfkrnergelkgjgxzzxcvwkejc3lkutj54rwe;6hy4fkj3mre5g4mtrekgjm4kfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
bhffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg yep typed by him love jer.




No comments:

Post a Comment