Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Missionary info back and forth.

1. So can you send us some chocolate in that gift box I assume you are creating? I have been learning about chocolate and found that the higher the what is called cacoa content of the dark kind the better it is for your blood pressure and cancer prevention and stuff like that but of course all in a balanced moderation. What is bad for you is the amount of sugar it takes to make it drinkable.

1.I'm actually struggling to get that package together. I just struggle to find time.

3.Did you get our birthday package yet????????
3.Nope

4. We prayed all week and hope that Brother Abouray has now opened up about his conncerns.
4.Well I think were making a little progress but not much

5. What kind of shoes are you running in?
5.Just Tennis shoes that I got from Elder Seastrand. The souls are falling off though

6. MOTHERS day call what is the plan please? Skype (I guess lots are now using this route) or is it using up our min with the number that we call though. Dont forget to give us all the routing numbers please.

6.Ok so mothers day call. Devon was trying to contact you concerning the phone call. But I have the Info worked out now. I will be expecting your phone call at 6:00pm my time, I've been struggling to figure out what that will be your time so if you could figure that out. I hope you still have the Phone card thing because we didn't find anyone with skype. 
TO ADD TO THIS FOR OTHERS MOMS READING THIS. Make a time booklet that you can send with your son that he can refure back to what time it is in the USA or other contry he came from because after awhile they can't remember how to convert from where they are at to where they need to be calling to. JUST SAYING.

7. They have again changed our addresses out here so write this down because as of May 20th it will take affect but for a year stuff will be delivered but you still better put it on whatever you come to need to have any follow up mail after the 20th.
Crazy Jo said could this be the reason that I never know my address, it always seems to be changing.
7.Not Again that's 4 times in my own life time!

8. Can you tell us the address of where you live now so that we can google earth it and see it?
8.I'm actually not sure of my current address, but it's only about 30 mins from my old place.

9. Z wants to know if you see mosquitoes where you are at?
9.Yes Lots of them sometimes, especially when I was in Tzaneen.

10. Tell us one scripture that impacted you this week.
10.Well i have one but i can't remember the verses

11. Is there anything that us that family should do to help you more on your mission? Like more letters to you by hand or, what about your songs on your little ipod is that still working for you.
11.I think I'm ok without songs and stuff

12.Maybe do you need hand held pictures is that important what please tell us.
12. the Pics by e-mail are great

13. John Bytheways do you still listen to them that we sent you?
13. I actually haven't carried those around much.

Ok my stuff from the Missionary

1. Mom could you sign me up for Private Violin classes at Snow? If there are any deadlines for the January semester at least.

2. And maybe a Choir class or something.

3. I would also like more details about school, if there are anythings I need to do before I get home that would be much appreciated.

So as for the week, Monday was a normal p-day,

Tuesday Elder Hatch and I had to go to Kwaguqa to help resolve some District Dis-unity. Issues. We went and sat down with them to talk about what has been going on and Honestly it just seemed like no one was communicating their frustrations to one another so no one could make good enough goals to get over the problems. We sat them down and made it possible for everyone to communicate their feelings and set some good goals. The last we heard, things are going well now. We made it back a bit later than we expected so we had to re-schedule some of our appointments but we made it in time to see a new Family the Elis family for just a few minutes and then head off to see Bro Aubrey. It felt like there was a little bit of tension in the room and the lesson didn't really lead to much because of it.

Wed Elder Hatch and I had a pretty long day. We started out by going to another Business to share a scripture with them and we got there and stood there for a long time and no one let us in, eventually we went back to the flat to do our study and start the rest of the day. The first thing we did after study was to take some big banners and pamphlets and books and dvd's to a little shopping complex and just try to talk with everyone. Most people just ignored us and the people that we did talk to, don't even stay in our area. Sheesh! after an hour or so of that, we just decided to tract when our first appointment came around they weren't home and the rest of our appointments cancelled as well so we spent the whole day tr acting. Luckily in all of that tr acting we did find 2 new Father led families and we have appointments with them so I'm excited for that.

Thursday we did our planning, and we got to correlate our efforts with the new bishop, He's a great guy! and I think he's really going to help the work.

Friday we went to district meeting and then had some great appointments. We Took the Van Dyk Family to an appointment with us to help the Kapp family feel comfortable coming to church, as well as to help them overcome their addictions. It was a really positive lesson, but the Kapp family still didn't come to church.

Saturday I had the privilege of going on Exchange in Sunnyside with Elder Udy, the one who sat next to me on the plane ride over, We talked slot about how our missions have gone so far and about a few of our plans after mission. We also had a great day of finding and teaching. Unfortunately, when I got back to the area Elder Hatch had some bad news for me, He told me that the Nkwashu family, dropped us, The thing is that it wasn't even their family that did it, but it was Bro Nkwashu's Father, whom I guess is a pastor. He brought the Book of Mormon's out and said that they weren't going to leave his Church. It didn't really seem fair because it didn't come from The Nkwashu family themselves so we are going to let the steam blow over and then check back on them.

Sunday was a great day most of our appointments worked out and the ones that didn't, we had some good backup plans that did work out. We saw a new family that is going to come to church, and we taught Bro Aubrey again and this time it was a lot less tension. over all it's been a great week and I'm excited to hear from you all on Sunday. I hope things all work out. If there is anything you need to tell me concerning the phone call, Just get in touch with Devon.
All the best,

Elder T. Jones


Good morning Son or whatever time of day it is that you look at this.

One of the most important things stay focused and centered in Christ this is the most important time you will give your all to him and his cause with no interruptions from life's pulls and strains.

Newsy news

So I sent forwarded that email that Nana sent but I am not sure that you can listen to the music on the computers that you use so if it wont work just know that its a beautiful song about Christ.
Sunday morning at 6:00 am my time I got a facebook message from someone who is in Afria and I think the name is Devon??? but the message would not load so that I could read it correctly. I caught something about my missionary son doing well and a phone call on Mothers day but then could not read the rest on my phone. When I went to see on the big computer I had somehow deleted it off my phone and I am really not sure how I did it. If this is a person who you know please tell them I am sorry about not getting the message and so that brings us to the conversation part of Phone call. So could this person be someone who was trying to tell us their skype info to be able to speak with you someone that you arranged with? So also at about that same time I got an email from Elder Jake Seastrand and asked him if he would know who the person was with a last name as that part was not visible to do a search and resend a message back. After thinking about it for a min I got to wondering if it was the new convert that you mentioned with the name Devon so now I am just waiting to fix because I do not know his last name to even search if it was him. Technology maybe really great but sometimes it can frustrate the heck out of ya.
We have been supposedly supposed to get new phones for a switch since ATT bought out Alltell since Sept. and finally I had to ebay buy a new used phone to keep going. They still have not turned our phones on even though they are sitting here waiting to be used and last week my phone decided to stop working other then just allow call-es to come through. Now all of a sudden yesterday is starts to work again. So I was trying to clean all the past stuff that had loaded up with the messages and stuff that seemed to clog it all up when the message on facebook was coming through and that's how it got cleaned off along with the fact that I got the worst case of stomach flu all weekend so I was a bit on the foggy side of not having a clear thinking brain. So glad that the flu has passed on by now. I hate being sick it makes me even more grumpy then normally every day grind of things can in the grumpy category.

Well you remember the year Jer was born and how we watched the river come up the field in the plow line that Dad had made? Thank-goodness he has not made one this year because we are pretty sure that that lower field is going to be really buried in water and we really hope that the fences stays standing when it all gets done. The rivers are flooding over everywhere the gravel pits out towards Jotown hill are already under and filled to the top. The bottom of the Gays fields have already been covered and they have been cleaning the canals out really deep to be able to hold the over capacity that is needed. Some of the ski resorts think they will be open until July there is so much snow pack up there. Every weekend we are plagued with snow and cold. It is really not feeling like spring here at all. This weekend has been no different and Dad had to fix the heaters because one was leaking all week so it had been turned off. Its cold enough that he had to turn them all back on again.

C played his last soccer game they did not win but he had fun and being with cousins made it nice to. Mc will have games for a bit longer because they just got going with there season. Jo is getting antsy and she has been working with the new little filly she already has her leading and can put her leg on the back of it. C needs to work with Pharaoh more because he is just way to antsy having to much of Junes scared blood in her. We are going to hopefully get a foal out of Christy I sure hope it will make a fast runner that can be broke to barrel race someday. The boys all went and got a horse today to ride as they were boared of being in the house. At least it is warmer today then it was yesterday. Yes you can tell that we all slept in because the Mom did not get the people moving to go to church having been sick in bed. Everyone on my side fo the family went to Idaho to help Grandma and Grandpa clean house and clean yards. They are not doing every well physically and so they needed some extra care. Along with the fact that Jathan wanted to have pictures taken with his little twins. They of course saw both sides of grandparents. We have not a car big enough to fit us all anymore so we did not go. Brock and Jamie did not go because Bry was sick like me and their dog got kicked by Cristy and broke its hip so they are nursing it back together. Amber also did not go because of the cost and stuff like that.

The Jones side are all at a supposed warm spot that we were maybe going to drive down to but not now that I got sick so we are missing out on all the fun family things going on. You will not believe how big these boys are all getting. All three of them share their shorts around and shirts. They also just changed the wrestling weights so that C will wrestle 106 next year. He was a bit miffed because now it will make so that the line up stays the same is how he put it. You will be shocked at Jers gift for gab and oh ya i think I said this but he whistles all the time now. Loudly too and it makes him mad that he can't do it in school. Z told me last night that he wants to be a doctor when he grows up or maybe an artist. He had to get glasses as he can't see the chalk board. He picked out with the help of Jo and C some really fine lime green framed ones. At least they are black on the rims until the ear side and then they turn green. I was not there because I was on the bus at the time. When I load pic again I will send them to you.

I need to tell you a few thoughts that Amber and I talked about. We started talking about the art of acting and the learning ways. I am not sure if I ever told you this but one of the reasons that we wanted you to go not to Ceder City was the influence in the theater dept. Let me preface's this with saying that yes you can find evil or shades of it if that is what you are looking for. But a person had told me that Snow verses Ceders departments was worlds apart in that one was small and not as exposed and Ceders was way more worldly and not one that should be attended if you were not secure yet in your strength of the gospel. By the time a person was a return missionary they would have decided what side they were going to stand on when attending the Ceder departments theater school. Yes this person is very educated in the two different schools and their take on looking out towards the worlds views and choices. So that's one of the reasons Dad and I would say to go to Snow. Anyway Amber and I got talking on very worldly ways in order to work the craft of theater. As she said it, lots of political writings with always a sexual innuendo to get it over to the viewers. Lots of the people are there because they didn't make it on Broadway and its then next closest thing they can get to. Anyway that's just one more reason for me to push the fact that looking towards Provo, UVU or BYU and doing Hales theater might be a good thing to be open to along with being a good influence support to C when the time comes. Aunt Rozanne still wants people to come live with her remember when she said that to you?
Anyway that's about all for the news I am going to try getting Dad to write to you so I better not take up to much room gabbing about stuff that's not really important.

Love you have a great week.

Love the Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment