Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Over now for us and the Missionary

.
1.C is having a wasa about getting rid of your facebook. He said why can't we just delete people and then he can put back on whoever he wants back there. I need to know what your thinking and why. 3.Is it easy for you to resist looking at it when you are doing your emails to us?
Remember Brother Cottle's blessing and how he specifically told you to obey all the rules and you would be blessed on your mission. I am realizing how amazing that blessing can be.
C ate like a pig for Thanksgiving and is now running every morning again to drop back to the 103 spot. He did not believe us when we told him that he could very well be so sorry if he wasn't careful. I guess he has to live and learn. His first match is on Tue so we will see how things go for him.
This is Sunday morning and it is very quiet and peaceful I am reflecting on times when you where here and wondering how you think and feel about your life as a child in our home. 2.Did you feel safe, alone, happy or scared? It is so wild here some days with the way all these boys get going that I often can't wait until they are grown and be bit more quiet and then I think I must be crazy because then that would mean I was older and the fun moments would maybe be all gone. Just reflecting because some Sundays I feel so frustrated with how crazy they seem to be especially when they are cooped in the house and its cold so cold that know one wants to be outside.
In the last week we have had record cold for this Nov. already down in the -degrees and then add the wind and Dads office is so stinking cold. He finally broke down and got a heater that can move all over to try and get the office warm and to take the chill off when it hits morning and we have to stoke the fire again. I have wanted this heater for like three years so I couldn't believe it when he got it. I still wish that we had done a wood burning stove somewhere in the house though for when the electricity is out.
We have started reading Papa's missionary journal and 4.C wants to know if you are keeping one. It is really fun to hear Papas outlook of Japan and what it was like to try teaching and learning a language at the same time. They only went to the MTC for a week back then and their companions taught them the language by just not talking anymore English. It was hard and he really put all his feelings out there in his journal
I am now working on a goal to lose the last 20 pounds so that I will be back to what I weighed before I got pregnant with Mc. I ran my first 10K on Thanksgiving morning just here at the house alone with the treadmill while some of my friends ran up in SLC. That is 6 .2 miles. So I felt pretty good about that because then it didn't matter how much I ate I had burned so many calories. It really feels good to be back in shape even if I still have spots that I wish would not be so soft. J said at least she knows she can be in shape after having kids because I did it. I told her she better start running or something then or she wouldn't do it later in life. I at least danced and ran when I was a teenager which is more then what she is doing these days. While watching them prepare to sing in sacrament meeting I got to wondering. 5. Do you ever have to lead the singing or help with the singing at the branch or the bigger church in town? 6. Have you had to give very many talks in church while being in Tazneen or Motupa branch (sp?) In Church today they talked about how the Tithing was used to help with all the activities that are involved with the wards along with building of temples ward houses and materials that are used within our class rooms during church. That the fast offerings were for those who have need for food and helps when they are in a desperate situations. It was rather eye opening talk about how the monies are used within our church. I had to go to primary again with Jer he is really having a hard time parting from me but it will happen in time I am sure. This week we see the Cardiologist for Jer and I wonder if they will say he can go without the oxygen at night I bet not but I wonder. We will for sure have to have back up or put the alarms back on to monitor him which will mean I sleep less because of the beeping that it does
Well there are about 83 days left before Will returns home. He was sent to a more risky area of Columbia near the jungles and it will be his last transfer till returning home in about January. He is another reason that C said it would be dumb to erase your facebook. We were going to do the Christmas tree today but Dad sat down in sacrament meeting and his phone range and we were left to figure out how to get home after church. So no tree decorating today. Please fill us in on all the weekly stuff you did and I hope that the way I asked questions today isn't to hard to pull the answers out if they are just tell me to write different next time. Love you and have the most amazing great week ok.
Love the whole family.


Elder Tyrell Jones return letter.
1.Please delete my facebook thats it.

2.I'm not really sure how to answer that question??? It just felt like the place I grew up
3.....
4. Yeah I'm trying but not doing so well
5.Well for the past six months I have been leading at every sacrament meeting until yesterday, because I asked another member to try it.
6.To many talks in both the Motupa and Tzaneen branch. There's only so many who will give talks the others are just scared out of their wits and won't do it.





Well this week is the week before transfers, and it has been a week full of guessing and trying to predict if anyone is leaving or staying and doing this or that, but we finally got our answer on Saturday night. And the answer is...........................................................................The whole District is staying exactly the same, So by the end of this transfer I will have served in Tzaneen for a whole 7 1/2 months! man that's a long time. I still haven't had a 6 month area yet, I've completely skipped it all together :)

Anyway let me give you a report for the week. Monday was a normal p-day, we shopped e-mailed and did all that good stuff, The coming p-day should be somewhat exciting though, were planning on going to a zoo type place....Maybe. Tuesday was an ok day but we didn't have the Interviews we were hoping for due to our investigator not coming to church. But we'll recover and we'll do our best to help him out. Wed I was on exchange with Elder Lechner! in Lenyenye. It was the first full exchange that we have had. He was in the MTC with me and we were pretty good friends there so it was way fun. He'll probably be a good friend when I get home. As a matter of fact we have a deal that whoever gets married first, has to buy the other a meal at Olive-garden. anyway it was a really fun exchange and at the end they had one interview planned and the interview went very well and she was baptized this Sunday. She was the Wife of a member but she had never been baptized because she was in Zimbabwe, she loves the church the only difficulty was her ability to speak English. Lenyenye seems to be doing very well. there stats are always really strong and they have really helped a lot of inactive members get active again so that's exciting. Thursday was Thanksgiving, so we cooked some macaroni(there are pics) and we ate it during our weekly planning. Friday we had district meeting and I kinda took a load off my shoulders and assigned Elder Lechner, Elder Searcy and Elder Palmer to basically take the discussion so it was nice that way. Saturday everyone was in suspense until we got our Transfer information and then Sunday We had 6 investigators at church, and 4 of them are preparing to be baptized in the coming weeks.
We have just achieved 59 for our trimester goal and we have a goal of 19 for a zone in December. We are way on track and the Zone leaders are telling us that if we achieve our goal in December we will be the first zone to achieve over 100% for not only the trimester alone but for each month of the trimester. It's always really exciting and motivating to hear all that stuff so it keeps us going.
Well I've got just a few questions,

1.Did Justin ever get my letter? 2. Hows Uncle Brock?
3. How many packages did you send, and when?

Well I think that's about it for that.
I love you all and I love to hear from you all.
Elder Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment