Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Nearing a phone call time from the Missionary!!!!!

Ok so seeing's how this e-mail is Entitled phone call, I'll tell you the plans. The Senior couple here has offered to let us use their computer, because they have skype. So if I call you from skype it should only cost $0.02 a minute for 45 minute's making that a whopping $0.90 I'm not sure how you feel about that, it might be a little expensive....Just kidding. Tell me if that will work if not I'll make different plans. I hope that will work. We've been given some guide lines that we are only to call our parents, but we can speak with other brothers and sisters if they are present so it should be just the same as the last times. My advice is try to do a speakerphone thing or something that way I'll get enough time to talk with everyone... I'm not sure but yeah anyway if you have questions just e-mail them

1.Is Elder Lechner from Utah?
1.Elder Lechner is from Wyoming

2. Dad wants to know how big are the cockroaches give a measurement.
2.I'd say the biggest has been a little over an inch.

3. What is your favorite animal that you have seen over there ( J says bring her a Zebra and Jer wants a giraffe)
3. Well I'd have to say the very rare and ferocious house cat. Just kidding..... Um we see little monkeys all the time and their pretty cool.

4. Dad wants to know if you eat grapefruit over there?
4.Yeah I was eating lots of grape fruit when I first got here but they seem to be running out of supply

5. Dad wants to know what the most spiritual experience you have had while you have been there.
5. The most spiritual experience........... That is an absolutely difficult question to answer.

6. Are you going to try doing a Christmas bush this year?
6. No probably not, I don't think that even when we did it last year it was a great idea

7. What is your favorite temple?
7.My favorite temple is my home temple.

8. Dad wants to know if you have had any walking accidents?
8. I'm not really sure what you mean my Walking accidents, Like is that getting hit by a car, chased by monkeys or something that means I had to change my pants? Get back to me on that one.

9. They want to know if you are loosing your hair on the top?
9.Nope still got a full head o hair

10. How do you feel about your Father in Heaven and Fathers in general now that you have been away from home watching other fathers?
10. I realize that I probably should have respected my father a little bit more, because he is a great father. The ones hear don't usually seem to stick around much. And if they do they don't set the best example for their kids. Most of the members of the church are good examples though.

11. Tells a measurement on the growth of your testimony?
11. A lot of growth, the trouble is I feel like I always have to fight to keep it. But I guess that's just the way it is.

12. What is the one Christmas tradition that meant Christmas to you and you never wanted to forget doing it.
12.Breakfast after opening all the stuff....food of course

Well this week was a great week, We finally got all our post and yes I got three packages. 2 from the fam and 1 from Brock and Jamie. I Especially like the journal entries from Dad's journal. They are giving me a stronger desire to write more in mine.
Let me just tell you some of the highlights of the week. Sunday we had a lesson with two of our older investigators Brother France and Samuel. They are in thier 60's or so and they seem older then they look but they have been keeping all of the commandments and attending church for the past month or so and the only thing holding them back is the fact that neither of them were legally married to their wives, they only did the traditional thing, so we told them in order to keep the law of chastity and be baptized they have to be married legally and lawfully so this coming Tuesday we are going to attend a small...Very small marriage ceremony set up by me and my companion. Bro Mazzini in our branch is a marriage officer here and he is going to do the marriage. Although the wife's don't want to leave their church they seem to be excited about the whole marriage thing and they are supporting their husbands. I think they will come around eventually. Elde Rasi and myself are going to be the witness's and they only need 1 or two more close family to make it official so we invited the others and Bam! they will be legally married. And then have interviews on Friday for baptism. We Elder Rasi and I are making sure to take it by the spirit so if there is anything that seems amiss we will have to move their date to the 26th but so far everything is going well. This last week our District achieved our baptismal goal of 28 with Modjadji getting 3 more baptisms putting us at 30 baptisms in the last 4 months. The best part is that all those who have been baptized are still going strong in the church and I just looked at the time and I went over so I have to go. but I love you all

Elder Jones

From the family:
Brock is finally this week back to work but then they laid Uncle Jathan off because the part he was doing is done and it takes more skill that he does not have so we are praying that he can find something that will help them.
Christmas packages were two packages one rather long and large and one a small box. We sent an apron to your past companion also. They were sent out at the very last week of Oct. Then Aunt Jamie sent one two weeks later.
Aunt Bethany wanted to know the price exactly of sunscreen there because it costs like 7.00$ here.
Well I have possible job idea for you for upon your return, You could be a sub bus driver and then anywhere in the state of Utah you could make money. I found out today that in our district alone there are 47 permanent drivers and only a total of 57 drivers. That's only 10 subs that they can pull from so it could be a real possibility for you because they said they are very short handed and several are much older drivers. This week and many weeks seem to be flying by faster and faster and its almost hard to keep track of what happens through the week. Mon. we all had one quiet evening and stayed home and went to bed like really early being like 8:00pm. Tue C had a match against Canyon View and he won 12 to 8 he almost had the kid pined three times but he still had fun. Dad and I went to see the Cardiologist and Jer will not have to go back for two whole years. They said that his heart looks really good and is getting stronger. We drove super fast but did not make it back in time to see C wrestle. On Wed the little boys wrestled at a Junior High tournament against Juab, North Sanpete and Manti. K lost his first and then won by a bye because the kid walked on the mat looked at K and said he didn't want to do it and the kid was a 5th grader. Mc won one and lost two his win was 1 to 14 he is really learning lots about how to make this work for him. I again didn't get to watch because I had a training. Thur was back to quiet after practices and Fri too. Sat I had to do training all day long and the kids all hung at home. C and Dad after his wrestling practice helped complete B Howells eagle project, a maker welcoming everyone to Joseph. J has been helping me keep the little guys busy this week and staying with them at home so they didn't have to go to all the matches. We finally on Sat got the tree up and they think that they want it out in the middle of the room. I will see how well this goes but I guess I am just going to let it happen. I can't wait until the basement is done so we can have a real big family kind of Christmas in much larger spaciousness and then who will care if the tree sits in the middle of the room. There will be lots of space. Sondra and Chad are out there in the east and he is learning to fly and work on copters. He likes it.
This year everyone in the family has agreed to help a little girl that needs a special dog that helps alert her parent by paying towards some funding to help her. Its the little girl I told you about that her Mom had a nervous break down when she was normal and then all of a sudden quit being normal and became baby like again. The kids are excited to see the pic of the dog when they finally raise enough money to get one. The poor Mom was having kind of a rough time about the whole idea but has decided that it just might be a good one especially when her little girl just sits and is silently crying and her Mom doesn't even realize it because she still has to be busy doing things in the house. So we are all very excited to hear your voice and accent and wondering how will the calls work and have you found someone that you can use their land line off of? Phone calles have lots of moms are starting to talk about it on the Missionary MOMs site. By the way you should tell Elder Lechner (sp) to have his Mom join the site under the African site.
We asked the Kids the tradition question and it was rather interesting to see the input.
These are some silly questions but that's the mood that they all seem to be in tonight as we write.
We hope that many of your goals were met through this week in the Baptism area please update us on the wonderful work you are doing.
Love the family

No comments:

Post a Comment