Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Why, where, when about tithing and other stuff. Stated by the Missionary.

So lots of questions today.
1. Being a ward clerk can you tell us where the tithing monies are used and how? This is because I am hoping to answer a loved ones question about how and where and why the use for this monies. They think that is pays for the salary of the Church authorities.
1. Well the most I ever see is that the tithing is collected, then we enter it into the computer and it is deposited in the bank every Monday. (I myself does that) the accountant. The tithing is then accounted for by the designated area Presidency then, a council put together by the first presidency quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the Presiding Bishopric. The council reviews the affairs of the church and makes the decision on how it should be distributed. It then gets distributed between the different areas as needed. Examples of use are building of Churches and Temples, Printing copies of the Book of Mormon and other church materials like Missionary pamphlets and DVDs. Also it helps the missionaries who have none to be able to serve missions. All of those things are now paid for so they can be distributed freely to those who do not have the gospel.
Humanitarian to South Africa by our church.

2. Have you heard of using baking soda around the windows seals and doorways to let the cock roaches walk through and then lick off their legs and blow their insides up because of the acidic content of their insides.
2.We just had our Flat sprayed for roaches on Thursday so we aren't having much problem now.
3. Do you need me to send you some baking soda?
3.No I can get that here
4. What one thing do you think you will miss the most about Tazneens area come time for a transfer?
4. Well Right now I'm thinking I won't miss the heat. It's about 112 Fahrenheit right now. But I will miss all of the beautiful scenery. And the People. I probably won't be transferred though for another month and a half or three months so we'll just have to see. We find out on Saturday.
5. Who all is writing to you besides us anyone?
5.Usually I get e-mails from President Poulsen. But usually just you. I get a letter occasionally from the Stake Presidency. and if I send to Emily I usually get one from her.
6. Does your companion know about the perpetual education fund for schooling that the Church can provide?
6.Yeah he does, he is planning on signing up for it when he gets home.
7. In what ways would he need help after his mission I am wondering.? After reading about the history of his country and the deaths of just 2009 from Cholera it makes me sad to know yet I do realize that the Lord has an amazing plan to help change his country for the better if he can try upon his return with the Lords help.
7. I'ts hard to say how he might need help. He's led a rough life, but things aren't super bad off for him. He had a small business when he was home and that usually took care of things.
8. So I suppose he has never celebrated Christmas to much and I am wondering if we got him socks, gum, a toy, shoe polish kit, and sewing kit or does he have those kinds of things. They are kind of like what you have too. If you have a suggestion please tell us as we are going to wrap them with companion written on the outside so you will be able to tell whose it is. So if its wrapped then you have to wait to open it ok.
8.No he's celebrated Christmas just like anyone. and about getting some things for him would be nice, but he might leave next week. That's not for sure, but it's the most likely. If you sent the package to me, it would be hard for me to get it to him, But if you addressed it to Tapiwa Makosa then it would go to him. Things he would need.... I think maybe the best gift might be something unique to America. Practical things like socks and shirts might be good, but shoe polish is way easy to get around here. (speaking of which, I could use some extra money in the account for some shirts, but if not it's ok)
9.And there are how many in your apartment? Are there others that are in your apartment with you especially native to Johannesburg or a neighboring Country like Zimbabwe?
9. We have two companionship's in the flat, and one more companionship in the district, staying at another flat making a total of 6. Currently we have two Americans, one Englishman. And three Zimbabweans. But that will most likely change next week.
10. What is Doom?
10.It's Cockroach spray.
11. Is there anything that will make you feel more like Christmas being so far away? Besides hot chocolate and maybe pop tarts?
11.That's a tough question for me to answer now, but I would say the things that Santa usually would bring me for Christmas at home.
12. Do you need floss?
12.no
13. Do you need toothpaste?
13.no
14. Do you crave Chocolate or brown sugar or chocolate chips?
14.Chocolate chips, the Carmel ones
15. Any Christmas idea would be great ok for you and a companion too. please.
15. It's hard to think of Christmas now when it's 112 degrees. I know I'll regret not being able to think of much, because other Elders will probably get that stuff, but I'm going to have to trust your judgement and my companions would like anything you can think of... as long as it comes from the heart.

Well this week has also flown by like a bullet. We've had some ups and downs and we are really struggling to keep our select few on date for October, to focus. I think it will be up to our constant reminders, and their agency if they make it. I realized just after sending that e-mail asking you to fast for us that we are not supposed to ask you to fast for local causes, but your prayers will be appreciated and we will see the blessings come of it. Our District totals are great, I just did 5 interviews on Friday for The Modjadji Elders, and that will bring our district to 10 baptisms this month and if we, Elder Makosa and I, reach our goal of three, then our zone should be on track for bringing 70 souls to Eternal life. We' are trying our best to be diligent and work hard, and we are seeing the blessings come from it. We had a great p-day today, we got to see some of the beautiful views from around here. I'll try to send pics next week, but today there isn't enough time. I can't tell you how bad the heat is killing me right now.... Actually, I could use some sunblock in a package. Sunblock is expensive here. I sure hope I don't develop cancer while I'm here, that would be super lame. So it sounds like you've been talking to some people I know from mission. Is there anyone in particular that you know. Anyway, I'll catch you later. Times up

Elder T. Jones

The Family Note for the Week.
So Dad and I were talking after reading your letter about the letter of the law and the law referring to helping to help missionary's. Dad said it is hard to follow rules and there is the fine line of the law and the letter of the law. Of course maybe it would be a good thing for many ward members to know what should or should not be asked of a missionary. Could be a good young men young women activity some night. C wondered if they were trying to help activate R Wood but Dad said that that should not be their place as a missionary because he is already a baptized member. Even though his family is not members. Today in sacrament meeting the one missionary bore his testimony and he told us that they can do nothing without the members bringing them someone to teach. That they would ask us to please pray to know who we could invite of our friends or inactivates that we could help them to come and teach the gospel too. Brock is slowly getting better but he is so antsy. It has made it so that Jathan was hired to work in Brocks company because the boss was in a very hard spot and needed someone he could trust. The company had landed several big jobs that made it so he had to have someone. The Lord can work in some ways we do not understand from death to illness to war to peace. We are only required to stay faithful and prayerful and excepting and enduring to the end no matter how hard it might be. This makes me think of your companion and the hardness he must face without parents. He has been called to have to return some day to very challenging circumstances but I know that he was called to make changes for him and others that will change the lives of those who come maybe many years after him. I am sure you are learning so much about the lives of people who face so many illnesses hunger and desolation. I think about the dream I had and the telling you of how that land had so many hard illnesses and sadness's to face. You are softly changing those hardness's just because of the light of the Gospel that will lift and inspire amazing changes many years down the road. Your Dad is often amazed that there is now a temple in the land he served a mission in. Not only there but now in Indianapolis which is so close to his mission area. The Lord makes amazing peace come after many storms sometimes. It will be crazy when you are close to 50 and look back to what might be happening in the areas you served. Maybe there will be temples dotting that land too.
This week just went somewhere not sure where but wow over fast that's all I can say. Dad got rid of the couch and Sat. we found another one that was not to much money. It really works there by the TV to not take up to much room and also to lay into a bed so that was kinda nice. We are going to get bean bags also so that we can put them down stairs when its done. I dove the bus on Fri. Wow not sure it will be so easy when the kids are all on talking loud. There is alot to pay attention to especially when making a big turn. It rained everyday this week and snowed in the tops of the mountains so now the fire is out yeehaw because that was so yucky smelling. I ran into Joseph your brother on Martins Pioneer trek at Christensen's and we had a very fun talk. I didn't dare ask him if he had tried to date Jarell again. I can't believe its been a whole 2 years for him. He said to stay strong and wow that you were a district leader and most of all HI from him. Amy Grant is getting married to one of Travis's cousins named Dustin I think. But as to other of your friends I am not sure there are no comments or invites on facebook. There are lots of return missionary friends that would like you to be your friend those are the only ones I think that would be getting married but I don't know because they are not your friends on facebook. Is there anyone in particular that you are thinking about that I can pay attention to for you? Well J is on a date for Homecoming dance with broken legged Travis and both her and C have worked at the ice house. Bullies did higher J on, but only for one day a week until she is trained and I just hope she will do a god job. The ice house once it is full for the winter they shut down until April so I hope she realizes and works hard at Bullies so she can keep the job. C will for sure be picked for the ice house next year V told me because then they can bounce around with all the sports boys schedules. I guess we will have to see what happens come next year though. Today Me J C and Mc fasted that you would be able to meet your goals for the baptisms that are needed within your district. The boys even had to haul hay without having anything to eat and did a great job waiting the eating out. It had soaked the hay bales in the field so we had to wait till they dried out to stack them. The boys said they still felt like 110 pounds instead of the usual 90 pounders. K didn't have the ability to fast yet but he is pretty young. Well I hope you answer all my questions Aunt Jamie and I are waiting to see what we can send in a Christmas Package and so answer as best you can please. Papa sent some ties and Brock also so you will have many to share with others. Also the Mission home will have some come about the 20th because a young man leaving from Arizona is taking them in his luggage to the Mission home. I wish we could do white shirts also but it is really expensive to send stuff that's for dang sure. And never fear we have a big bag of cereal coming to you from this side of America since we found that you do not get that sugar ladened corn ground flavored corn syrup covered stuff over there in that land. Love you keep smiling and working hard the time is flying by super fast and in about three months we will be talking again. J says Hi as she is heading to the shower. Have a great week Missionary. We all love you lots and lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment