Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Missionary gets a greenie.

1. C wants to know if you still have enough contact solution or if you can get it there?
1.That is a great question because I was going to ask about that. I have 1 and 1/2 bottles left. Now I'm not sure if that will last me my mission or not so I was thinking maybe another one might be good since I don't know how to get it here.
2. We are all wondering if you are still in that area or if one of you got transferred?
2.Yup I'm still in the area, but Elder Makosa is being transferred and i am training a new missionary
4. Have you had to eat worms fresh yet.
4. Nope and I don't yet plan to, but I will if it comes
5. How careful must you be of illnesses that are in the area around you.
5. Yeah we recently have been told to start taking Doxycycaline for malaria and we have mosquito nets.
6. When will you next go to a conference in Johannesburg?
6. We are going to transfer meeting on Wed so we will be there then.
7. Tell us more about the village and the town church and their differences.
7. Well in the village we meet in a school with just some chairs and tables. and in the Town we have a small house converted to a chapel with a nice podium and soft padded chairs. The thing is that it is growing faster in the village than it is in town because the people are humble there. And most of the people in town are very stubborn and either slam the door in your face or they try to convert you. In the village we only struggle with the language, but we have some willing members who translate for us alot.

Well this week went well, but it seems like everything comes down to Sunday and what happens then. and this Sunday was not so great on the side of our investigators attending. We only had 6 investigators at church and 1 of 3 being baptized on the 31st didn't pitch up. so I'm just a little concerned at how ready he is for baptism. And if the spirit says no then, we will miss our goal for October by 1. Meaning somewhere somehow we missed something important and we've got to improve. The way
I feel about it is that our goals were inspired and the only way we can't achieve them is if we missed something. Of course there is the agency thing, but I don't know. On a good note Modjadji had 5 baptisms this Sunday and that puts us at 17 for the district and 34 for the zone. So we are half way through and we have achieved about half so we are on track. The Lord really does put his hand in the work if you do your part. I think I'm just starting to realize the full reality of that. Mission is the toughest of the toughest and the best of the best times. This Last Friday, none other then Elder Jeffery R Holland himself was in Jo'burg and he addressed us, unfortunately we had to listen over skype since we are 5 hours away, while everyone else got to meet him face to face. It was quite the powerful experience to hear an apostle speaking directly to you and I took alot of good notes. He talked alot about converting yourself which I think I'm going to have to try alot harder to do that........We'll I just got news that we have to travel to Jo'burg tomorrow so we have to go prepare for that. I love the family to much so keep on sending my love. Tell Aunt Bethany thanks for the e-mail, I love hearing from them and I'd like to hear some more from others.
Love you all

Elder T. Jones

The Families stuff for the week.
For some reason Sundays sure seem really hard as of late actually the whole weekend is if C is left to not stay busy. The three oldest tend to never get ready in time so we are late and then they wont sit in the back so we end up out in the hall. It makes for a very unquiet meeting and frustration on the parents. Your letter about getting investigators to church sure made me think today. I wish that the boys would not find every reason in the world to not be ready to go to church on time. It tends to make me love the get up and get it over with instead of church at one time frame. There were even days that you were here that I think I remember feeling this way I hope you feel different about it now as you mature.
The cold is coming in and we are rather worried because we can not get coal because they are not doing the big lump coal because Brock is the one who is supposed to be welding the big grates that are used in the mine and he is still stuck on the couch . His leg is better a bit but not much it is pretty worrisome. Then of course all the good wood spots are burned so that's a bit concerning. I am sure we will make it through Dad is pretty good at getting us covered when we are in a pinch but he has been thinking about getting a propane converter for the stove as a back up system. We are sorry that you are cooking in the African heat. I guess maybe you missed it a bit last year because you never said to much about it in your letters back a year ago. Maybe take a hanky and place it wet on your neck to keep you sorta cool might help a bit.
Not much happened this week really that is note worthy. Well except poor J had to again fix a part in the car, the water pump went out in it and T and C helped her to replace it but it still says that it is not working so there is something that they have missed even though there is no water dripping out anywhere.
Just to update you I have now hit the 135 pound mark on the scale and seen Dr. Pope who was shocked and had my fat percentage measured which should be anywhere from 20 to 27 and mine was 27% dot on. I have only 15 more to lose to be back where I was before Mc was born, but I will not be trying to lose anymore until after Thanksgiving dinner is over. I am getting a plan going to run a 10K not that I will do just that I am following a run, strenght, stretch plan to get to that spot. My goal date is Dec. 4th a friend is running one in Moab but that remains to be seen if I can be strong enough to run by that time. The boys are getting ready to start wrestling and J went and judged horses at Snow College last week. C has one football game left on Tue and then we are moving to the mats so to speak.
All my family got together at the pumpkin patch so I will be getting some pic to you next week as my battery died and the card stuck in it until they are charged. We had a chili dinner after and watched movies on a sheet. It was strange to not have you four oldest cousins there but I guess it will slowly work that way for a bit until changes in the addition of family begins. The hay is finally all out of the fields had to wait until is dried out to stack it and we are getting ready to put the horses out there. The only thing is that Rosie is up to her tricks getting out and stealing grain and destroying the stack again. The baby is sucking all the fat off of her really fast so its not really that bad that she gets eating the hay it just that there is plenty to eat where she is at and she is so naughty about it.
Church news our ward alone has 8 soon to be nine missionaries out in the field. Christina got her call to the Chicago Illinois mission and will leave in Jan. Our ward has the most missionaries out of the whole stake.The scout troop for our ward finally beat the Elsinore ward in doing the most over this last year in scouting.
We are sure in a pickle someone took the keys off the ring that opens the tank on the Suburban and so now we can't get more gas. We are trying to figure out a way to get into it. Know one will say they did it and so we sure are wondering what happened we found it our today on our way home from church when we discovered that we were almost out of gas.
Well we are patiently waiting to hear how your success went this week and hoping that all is well. Never be sorry for asking us to fast. It helps the boys to feel closer to you and what you are doing and hopefully they will be able to figure out what they can do to show others the truth also that they are friends with and to be member missionaries. P.S Sam was just made a District leader and sent to live in the big city. He says he wishes that the people would not be so lazy because then their area could actually thrive and maybe become a better tourist area bringing more money into that area to build it up better. Sorry no updates about Will his Mom hasn't said anything on her blog or her facebook. Maybe this week I will have to ask her right out so I know whats up. He must be getting close to being done but I can't remember for sure maybe I am jumping the time frame here a bit.
Love ya lots smile and have a good week. I am glad I have a son who is serving the Lord. I pray you are learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment