Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Missionaries Traveling to pick up his Greeni.

Tell us all about the long drive to Johannesburg and your new companion.
1. What country is he from?
1. He is from South Africa
2. How many in his family?
2. 5
3. How long has he been serving? (sorry I ment to ask how long he had been a member)
3. Well If you read the e-mail I sent, I said I was training a new missionary, which means that Thursday, when we got back to Tzaneen, was his first day.

4. What is his name.
4. His name is Elder Rasi (the R makes a Gh sound kinda like in german) He is a Xhosa man. (click this link to learn how to say this and what thier culture is like.)
5. What is it like to drive across that country for 5 hours and then 5 hours back?
5. It is long and it makes you really tired. Especially when you have to go spend the night at the mission home.
6.Well I am wondering also how your testimony feels right now and the growth that you are seeing in yourself as you look back over the last year of being out of the MTC and having given others the truth.
6. That is a very good question. Because I've found that you really have to fight for your testimony. If it's weak than it means you are being weak. If it's strong then you are being strong. And there are days when I feel Super strong, and days when I feel kinda weak. Those are usually the days I have let the natural man take over. I would say I usually have more strong days, but that sounds kinda pridefull so I just realize that there is always somthing to improve. I'm feeling great today because I had a chance to meet with the district and discuss the progress of our goals.

Well it sounds like the week was pretty averege for the Jones family, cars breaking down just when it's time for the snow to start, Kids getting sick, Dad getting called to do surgery... As long as things are going that way then you know everything is ok :)

Our week has been hectic due to transfers, our whole district had to go down to Jo' burg, because one member of each companionship changed. Now we have Elder Jones and Rasi, Elder Palmer and Searcy (both from England) then Elder Lechner and Byrns, Byrns is from Australia. Elder Rasi, Searcy and Byrns are all fresh from the MTC so our district is full of Greenie Fire. The transfer took quite a chunk our of our week, but we are now recovering. We will be having a baptism this coming Sunday here in Tzaneen and the other elders will be as well so we are all on track for reaching our goals. and you might just hate me for this but I am our of time already because I had to read a few e-mails from President Poulsen that took some time so I'll fill you in on everything I can next week,

Love Elder Jones

P.s. I was wondering if you were able to track down all of the e-mails I've sent from my mission, I really would love to have those saved somehow.

What a normal Jones week this has been.
Jer the other day asked when you were going to come home. He said you were taking to long. He even asked if you were eating over there. It was kind a funny that one whole year later he connected to the fact that you were gone for a long time. He told the whole primary that you were eating when they talked about you serving a mission. So we made an apron with cool sayings about missionaries all over it and we are sending it to Elder Makoso so he gets our little Christmas package wherever it is that he went too.
Hearing Brother Holland must have been so inspiring especially as he spoke right to you as an Elder. I heard that he even talked about how to handle life after the mission. Like I have always said if you ask the Lord and remember to do as he would want you to do to continue building his kingdom here on this earth you will be guided what to do when your mission is over. There are always inspirations that will come it just take time for learning to listen and hear what he wants you to hear.
Last year at this time I was complaining that I should just get a job driving the little preschool bus so that it wasn't such a frustration trying to always catch it for Jer. And that they needed someone who could continue on for a long time. You wont believe who called and asked if I would consider being a relief driver for the little bus yesterday. Yep the headstart bus. See the Lord works in the most mysterious ways and it all came about because Burnadean and I were talking about my little run in with the drug thing up at you know where and making money to keep you on a mission. I have had a lot of fun reading the blogs of some of the missionary moms from Africa and just hearing about what their sons are up to. It gives me a little insight into what your up to sometimes. Again I can not stress how you will love your journal so make sure you write in it. I just read through Dads and am going to send some parts to you. It makes a new insight to what he was like back then before life got heavy to carry on his shoulders.
Wed. night K climbed into bed with us and was burning with a high fever when he got up he complained that he couldn't walk and his legs ached and his throat hurt his eyes where watery and yep he had a bad case of strep throat. Went to the Dr. and today Sunday he is finally feeling lots better. Uncle Brock is still laid up this is now going on a month of not being able to get back to work. The only up side to this is that Uncle Jathan has been working in his place for some really big jobs that they bid out up near Vernal and he will stay busy until Dec. Hopefully they will find something to help change this for Uncle Brock. The strange thing is that the guy who was working at the job with Uncle Brock on that job that he bumped his leg on then bumped his knuckle the other day and his arm is now overly swollen and the Dr.s are starting to wonder what they might have gotten on or in their systems that made them react this way.
So today was a very wild Sunday. The kids where so so so may I say it again SSSSSSSSooooooooo noisy. And I mean all of them. I could barley keep the little people paying attention to the lesson. I then found out that I was officially released as a Scout leader for the Weblos and released as a primary teacher. Wow two years and it all ended so quick. But I am sure the Lord will have something new for me to do like sit by Jer until he adjusts to his new teacher. Mc had his interview to be advanced to a Deacon today. So next week when its his birthday on the 31st he will be advanced to pass the sacrament.
Our poor cars today the truck decided to leak transmission fluid and so Dad can't drive it. The suburbans brakes have decided to go all soft and we are still paying for the last time that we had to fix that. J car is driving but we hold our breath daily on all of them. Dad can't decide if we should just go ahead and buy a nice one or a beater that's cheap. We both just keep praying that they will hold together. It has rained for 4 days now and tonight it is supposed to snow. I bet you are burning up there, sorry that you are cooking right about now though I would love to have some warmth. As I get older I seem to like the warmth more and more.
Well Dad this week has been very busy at work and not had much time to be at home. But yesterday he finally got time enough to clean out some of the paper that has been stacking in his office. It didn't last long before he got called back into work for a surgery that was really rough he said.
Well I seem to just be rambling so I had better head to bed and say my prayers for you and your safety and can hardly wait to hear how your week went. Oh yeah mine was pretty good but nothing extra different happened.
Love you and all the kids are writing notes on paper so I think you will not get any emails from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment