Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Can't stand the suspence wondering if you are transferred?

1. Camera card fixed? Do you need a new one?
1. The card works but I have to get a new converter thing to send pics with it.

2. What new thing have you seen that you would never see in America?
2. Well, I've seen alot of things now and I've kinda become desensitized to it so I can't think. But you usually see people cooking chicken legs over bry stands on the street alot.

3. What scriptures did you read that made you feel closer to the Lord this week?
3. Well a good one that I read recently that shows the importance of following what you learn in life was Helaman 7: 23-24

4. One crazy thing that your companion did that you were not expecting.
4.I haven't really been with Elder Bakker long enough to say anything crazy has happened but I'll have to tell you some good stories later on.

5. Where is Elder Bakker from and how many in his family?
5.Elder Bakker is from Idaho. He has a mom a dad a twin brother (not identical) and a sister.

6. Did you follow where the Lord wanted you to go at some point this week, after making it a matter of prayer and or fasting?
6.Yeah we have actually done alot of that lately. We have decided to focus our efforts on Braamfischerville and Extention 2 Dobsonville.

7. Tell us one thing that you miss from home that they do not have there.
7. One thing that I miss Hmm........ I don't miss home! J/k well the things that I miss are stuff that you do. Like horse riding and other stuff you can't do on a mission.

8. So what are you doing with the calling card that won't work over there?
8.It's just sitting in my drawer

9. They post the newsletters several months after to the mission page like the one on now is March so tell us about Benjamin Moepudi did he get baptized or what?
9. Well Bro Benjamin is someone that I didn't really teach, but he was baptized when I was there. He was the arch bishop of a church here in South Africa and he realized some things were wrong. He found the church through his son who served a mission in Madagascar but is now living in California. He investigated and found it was the true Church. Wait for the story it's better.

10. How many have you personally taught and then seen through to baptism?
10. Haven't been counting, and don't really want to so stop asking. But I have baptized people I started teaching. (sorry I was trying to clarify as he asked me in the last letter.)

Yeah it's been pretty crazy with world cup going on but it was mostly during the first game between Bafana Bafana and Mexico. I think a tie was a good outcome especially for the missionary work to keep going. (I have some pics. I will send them next week probably)

Well transfer news came on Saturday and I found out I am leaving. But there is a catch... I don't have a clue where I'm going. Know one does. and I won't find out until the day I leave. I was just told to pack and show up to transfers. I was kind of upset to get that news because I don't feel prepared to leave here especially with a lot of baptisms coming up that I personally worked to get while I was working alone with member missionaries. I was especially sad because of the Diseko family.... MAN I LOVE THAT FAMILY!!!! But there is a great story to tell about them. I hope I can describe how awesome it was in a simple letter. Yesterday, My last Sunday, we set an appointment to meet them. The father had come to church finally and I was way excited about that. On our way there we were discussing what we would teach. Our first plans were to teach about Tithing and Fasting, but we felt that wasn't right so we taught Baptism and Confirmation. It was an awesome lesson and we taught in the dark because the power was out as usual. After the lesson I extended a commitment that had been extended many times before. I said "will you prepare to be baptized and confirmed?" To my great surprise The father was the first to say yes.... Right then and there I was so surprised that I didn't know what to say or what had just happened. Elder Bakker eventually repeated the question and Brother Diseko replied " Isn't that the main goal?" I almost fell out of my chair! After hearing this I asked if the family would like to set a goal to be baptized together and they all agreed to August 8. To make it short we took some pics because I was leaving but I'm so glad that I had the chance to be there for that. It helped me feel prepared to leave and I feel like I've done what I was meant to do here. I'm going to have to continue to pray for them but I know they will make it. Man they have helped my testimony to grow so much. I can't really explain how I feel, but I will definitely be sending pictures home.

Because of time I have to go, but I love you all and keep doing what's right.

Elder Jones

Dear Son who is far away and serving the Lord with all his might sacrificing to find and even grow his and others testimony's each and every day.

WORLD CUP crazy stuff, Dad and some of the boys watched the opening ceremonies, then on the news Fri. night we laughed about an elephant that made the US team late to play because it caused a traffic jam. So it must be just wild crazy over there with all the goings on for the Games. One guy is from the Real Salt Lake team lucky guy. Mc has been begging me to get him a new soccer ball. We are trying to decide whether he should play football or soccer since he is in 6th now. Uncle Shane will not be coaching that team because he has been moving with the team that is in 8th now. I finally reached my goal with bonus of 144.0 I got a new dress for the effort and still can't reach 3 miles running yet but it will come I am sure. Rhett will be graduating Marines next week so I am sending the last letters from the past month to him on Mon. He got the highest honorers for rifle shooting and did apply to be a sniper so I guess nobody better mess with a gun around him. The Jones family reunion is this weekend down in the bottoms but I am not sure many will come all the brothers are gone now of Grandpas and his one sister that is alive will be having a surgery so she won't be here. Supposedly on the 29th is the surgery for Jer again. We will see if they go forward again. We went to see his Dr. on Thursday and he thinks we should see the lung Dr. again just to make sure that there is lung tissue growth after the last three years has passed. I know they won't do a CAT scan because he already had two but it sure makes me wonder if they will be able to see changes on that little tiny xray they usually do. On this Dr. chart he could finally see growth where there has not been any over the last year that we had seen him so that's good. Little K is finally off the oxygen in the day but not at night. They are still being really careful. The weather turned off cold again with lots of rain but Sat I made the most of it and did my first 3 mile run in between rain down pours. It felt pretty good to accomplish that and to know that I can. I am thinking the Milk Run might be reachable now. C leaves to go to Timberline really early in the morning and Mc asked if he could go running with me in the morning so we will see if he can get out of bed to go with me. Brent spoke today in sacrament meeting today and told about his Hero Samuel the Lamanite and how he was often teaching alone. You could feel his spirit as he spoke about some people that he was able to touch while teaching the gospel. He comes to our ward most likely because of Tiffany. I forgot to tell you that her whole family went through the temple a few months ago. Nothing really exciting is happening but next week C will be ordained a teacher if Dad isn't called into work. Remember his Birthday. He won't even be here for his birthday so I wonder if they will make a party up there at Timberline for him. He is really getting good at preparing to camp its been fun watching him get ready today. J is doing the driving part now but I keep having to go take her over in the morning and we miss the teacher twice now. Yesterday K about killed the car by catching the charger cords into the fan belt. We were lucky that he hurried to turn it off when it sounded funny and learned a big lesson in not doing something that is for big people to do. Dads work hours started to pick up this last week just when he was wanting to go horse riding. The little boys did peewee 4-H and K did pretty good. Even B took Star and got her to do some of the stuff. Well we are all waiting to hear if you are staying or going to a new place in South Africa the news should be enlightening to us. Have a wonderful week of spreading the light and keep smiling did your card get fixed we need to see some photos of something new.
Love the Family



2 comments:

  1. Hey this is Emily, and yes I did get Tyrell's letter and I actually just sent him one back, so it is on its way :)

    I am not the best with computers lately, but I will try to work on your other request...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a vuvuzela. GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!

    I love Elder Jones's attitude. Makes me want to be a better member missionary!

    Chas

    ReplyDelete