Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Our Birthday Boy off in a far away land.

Happy Happy Birthday Son Your Amazing!
1. The fam just wants you to know that we love you lots and hope it was fun while in the far away land and did you get your birthday box?
1. Yep came the day after, great timing.
2. What new person have you met to teach the wonderful truth to.
3.Well We've met quite a few, but there is a girl named E who we just started teaching and she said she was skeptical about the book of Mormon at first, but what gave her the courage to let us in was that it said Jesus Christ on the front. She is awesome and says she knows now that the book of Mormon is good, but she still needs to find out what that means to her and then gain a testimony by coming to church. So far we've / I've been focusing on the three who are being prepared for baptism on the 30th I'll tell more after the questions.
4. If your thinking of a gift for me I would want fabric that is made by them with all their rich colors that they like so much.
4.I'll take that into consideration ;)
5. So do they sing in harmony more in the Soweto townships?
5.Well I don't really think it's much different, at church, from Ridgeway or even home. But on the streets you hear people singing really cool sometimes.

Well as I was saying about those being prepared for the 30th. I was really stressed for part of this week because Sunday I realized that one of them (K) hadn't come to church and he was required to come 12 times before he could be baptized because of his age, but that set him back at twelve. And then I was also worried because we had planned to resolve some Living together with a girl & boyfriend Issues with a girl named L, but she and her boyfriend were not there when we showed up. So I was stressing. But I prayed and hoped that we and they would still be able to make our goal of baptisms. After finally meeting up with K I found out that he had been terribly sick and that he still wanted to be baptized and is way stoked about becoming a member. Then we finally met up with L and after a short discussion found out that the person that she always called her boyfriend is her husband so she is married. WOW that was a relief!! I'm still and was so glad to hear that news. Every thing is going great here in Dobsonville and I'm loving the work. I finally get my companion tonight actually so this last week I've still been working with members, but now I have someone to plan with so I'm excited. It's been a good week and a good week of learning. We had zone conference again and learned alot about companionship unity and asking good questions in lessons. I'm hoping to apply this stuff in the coming transfer and through out the rest of my mission.
I recently received alot of e-mails from everyone and I want you all to know that I love you lots. Justin, Nana and Papa(happy b-day by the way), Jamahl, Jadie, Bethany, Amber and if there is anyone I forgot, I love you too. Thanks for supporting me and sending your love.
I'm so grateful to be here serving the lord and I can't tell you how much it's helped my testimony of how true the gospel is by living it and seeing it in others lives so much.
I love you family and I'm so grateful for the letter Dad, it means a lot to me and I hope to get some more
Love
Your son/friend/cousin/brother/nephew/Grandson
Elder T. Jones
Instead of our boring letter we are going to do a photo collage of the years leading up to being an adult for Tyrell all his crazy escapades caught in photo.



A Who in Seussical the Musical at South Sevier High School 2004
Tyrells first official baptism. His did the job for little brother K before leaving to serve the Lord in South Africa Aug. 2009
Hanging out with Little Bro C. on his right at cousin Justin's Eagle Court of Honer Tyrell is almost an Eagle at this time 2007. Yes he broke his wrist on a moter bike borrowed from the neighbor boy and he had'nt been told how to stop.
Tyrell with his Dad in 2006 as the character Lafou out of Beauty and the Beast shown at South Sevier High School. One of his Missionary photos done my his wonderful Aunt Amber.
Thanksgiving Dinner 2007 cousins playing games at the little table.
Playing Ryan on the High School Musical presented at South Sevier High 2007
Dinner after finally graduating High school. When you have three in two diffrent schools it takes all day to get through can you tell the three were starving.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v375/178/8/544191432/n544191432_1501282_8896.jpg 2004 Freshman year talent competition at South Sevier. He blew them out of the water with his fiddlen, know one knew he could do that. Click the link to see the young man when he reaches his oldest age transformation. This was taken at Snow College when he portrayed the character Bill in It Runs In The Family by Ray Cooney

No comments:

Post a Comment