Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, April 26, 2010

African Tokolosh resembles a character in Harry Potter books Hmmmm.

1. How are you and your companion doing?
2. Chas Hathaway said to ask you about Tokolosh and if you serve in Botswana to learn about Tswanas and what about Magua Snakes. And most of all he said to say Dumela to South Africa for him that it is missed terribly. He served there 10 years ago and made a comment on our blog. So another brother is missing his mission land (Chas Hathaways mission memories). I wonder if he knew your cousins Elder McWilliams( 1995 I think?) or Elder Mark Owens (2001-2003) when he was serving? He is an LDS Musician and composer in the Sanpete County.
3. How was the baptisms this sunday?
4. How many miles do you ride bikes?
5. Do they keep goats there in the Soweto township?
6. Having lived now in two of the extremes of Johannesburg what do you know and understand about the apartheid aside from that disney show color purple that we watched?
7. So did you ever go see your Dean family?
8. Z wants to know if you have eaten any snake meat while on your mission?
9. Craziest thing you have eaten that is not at all American just this week.
10. Most humbling experiance this week, even if its something like scripture study, your personal prayers, or a service that you did for someone.
11. So how is the Mothers Day call going to take place this time? On Sunday and are we calling you still?

So this week was way fun the Jones family of your Dads bros and sis's all got together at a Mission called Warm Springs in Nevada and did service of building steps and cleaning up campsites and cutting wood and swiming swiming swiming in the warms springs that are on the mission grounds. This is where all the scouts and girls camps are held for St George and Las Vegas areas. It was very cold the first two days as there was a major cold front that came in. We slept in the car the first night one because we got there at 1:30 am and it was way to cold to set up the tent. The next night we froze but at least we were able to snuggle close in the tent. Eveyone did end up with nasty coughs but hopefully we will be able to shake them soon. J hasn't been home the whole week as she went to Logan for an FFA competition on animal judging and then left two hours after she got off the bus to go to the reunion on Wed. So Jamie Racker insists that you always say hi to her on her facebook and that you are liking your mission. I said well ok I guess so but I didn't really know if you were getting on your facebook over there or not. Then the big news for the week is that Jathan and Julies twins were born right at 36 weeks which is a month early they are very very pretty babies. Sadley they will all be grown up and not at all babies when you get back. One is named C Jay 5lb 10oz and the other is K Jane 4 lb 12oz. Julie did amazing and eveything went really well considering how complicated H's had been for her. So thats a wrap for the week since we haven't really been home except for today. Oh ya church was a bit wild since the little boys were not into being quiet and Kathrin Howell got called to serve in the Ukrain mission and is speaking Russian. Smile and tells us of your mission adventures and know that we love you lots. Watch for your package to arrive.
Love the whole Family

He Loves us back.
1. Well My companion is doing great. I can say that so far I have learned the most from him. He or I might be leaving in this coming week because we have been together about 3 months now and that's usually as long as President Poulsen leaves comps together.
2. Well from what I know A Tokolosh is a small crazy little man. I've actually met quite a few Tswana's here in Dobsonville. But unfortunately I haven't been to Botswana. But you can tell Chas Hathaway that South Africa says lekae back to him.
3.It went great. We actually watched Conference this weekend so we had it right after conference. We only had one though, we had to move the other to May 16.
4.Not really sure but we ride bikes a lot each day. Our area is pretty big.
5.Actually I have only seen a few but some people do. They usually slaughter Goats and Cows for funerals and stuff so...
6.Well I've learned that the apartheid only ended in 1994, and during that time Coloreds, Blacks, Whites, And Indians were only allowed to live in their certain areas and shop and everything. And if you crossed into anyone elses turf you got shot. I guess it was pretty bad but it seems to be ok now days.
7.Yeah we've seen them and things are ok accept that one of them is a sangoma. :(
8.Nope I actually havn't eaten anything weird lately just the usuall PB&J and the ocasional sunday meal of Chicken and POP
9.Ish! I'm gonna have to wrack my brains on that one and try to find something cool to eat. But Elder Ramos recently ate a cows foot.
10.Well I'm going to have to say it was when listening to Conference. I learned alot of things from the Prophets I especially learned alot about Being Patient and working through some of the challenges we face.
11. I actually haven't figured that out yet. I'm going to have to find out the phone # for the church and have you call me there. You will probably call at about the same time, Give or take maybe an hour.
First of All I would like to express my concern about the face book thing because I haven't been on it talking to anybody so I would like to see if you could maybe investigate further and then if someone has been saying hi to her make sure that it wasn't Caleb or things I may have sent along time ago. And if someone is sending to her You should try and change my passwords.
Well this week has been an ok week except it has felt a little slow be cause the days have been filled with other stuff than missionary work. Monday was p-day which we played most of the day. Tuesday was a normal full day. Wed was a normal full day. Thursday felt short because we had weekly Planning up until 2 Friday was the same because we had District Meeting Up until 2. Saturday we watched Conference up until 5 and Sunday we had Conference until 2 then a baptism until 3:30 and then a Dinner appointment until about 4:30 so yeah but hopefully this coming week we will be able to have some more full days. The work is still going good but we are worried about Brother Somniso making his date because he hasn't been coming to church, Other than that everyone else is on schedule. Mom and Dad, You should get Caleb involved in the Duty to God program that they have recently Improved and help him. I think that I would have understood alot more about my duties as a priesthood holder if I would have been more involved in that. And I would strongly encourage you to read again the talks from conference there great. You can tell Julie and Jathan congrats from me and tell them it would be cool to see some pictures. Tell everyone sorry for not writing them more, but I only have time on Monday's and it seems like very little sometimes. I still love getting dear elders and letters from everyone so keep them coming.
This letter is probably kinda lame but I've got to go. I love you all and I will e-mail next Monday and then the Sunday after that we'll talk on the phone.
Love Elder Tyrell Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment