Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Mission culture and Family, Temples, Cousins,Praying

Tyrells replies!( There were a few edits it was way to late that I typed and he made lots of fun of me so I fixed them and you get to miss out).
1. That is an excellent Question. I would say we don't really have time for Uno, but maybe once and a while. And I would love to have a Hacky Sack! if you could send one that would be awesome. I was actually thinking about that the other day.
2. We do have Honey :)
3. Yeah i could still get it to him, Depending on where he goes. But you better send it soon cause he leaves in July.
4.No they are still organizing it so I'm not really sure anymore
5.Can't really think of anything else, Just pack it full!

Well first things first. Speaking of Mr. Orr I needed to see if you could find out if he still has that poem i wrote for Veterans day somewhere and send it to me or something. Second I was wondering if you could see what you could do about maybe setting up some kind of High Interest account for the money that i have so i could maybe have just a little bit more for when i get home.
Well I'm not really sure what to say about this week, The most we have done is set our goals to try and achieve 4 baptisms in the month of May. Things have slowed down a little bit now because most of the people we have been teaching are now members of the church. We are now just trying to find more people to teach and keep our Recent Converts active in the church. I guess now that i think about it, One family of recent converts that we have, has been having some interesting stuff going on. One of the Daughters in the family, whom i have never met before, Just got back from Sangoma School. (Traditional healing, witch craft kinda stuff) and since then there has been a whole bunch of drum banging going on there and partying going on so we haven't dared visit them because that would probably look bad on the churches part. Were not sure what we are going to do and I've never had to deal with sangoma stuff before so maybe you could pray for that family. They are Called the Dean's. You could also pray for A man Named Brother Somniso, that his heart will be open and that he will have a desire to make the changes necessary in his life to be baptized.
I feel kinda bad after getting all of this stuff about how so many people like my e-mails, but i don't really have much else to say for this week. Other than that I know this work is a great work. That the church is true and Joseph smith is definitely a Prophet who did see Jesus Christ And God the father. And I've been Praying for everyone i Can think of from back home that you will all continue to live the gospel and help those who have been struggling with it.

Love
Elder Jones


On 4/11/10, Brooke Jones wrote:
1. Can you play UNO or marble games or Hackey sack?
2. Is there honey over there?
3. If we sent a present and you got it say after Elder Forman and you part ways would you be able to give our gift to him at a zone conference?
4. Have they done the play or when will they do the Play that you held tryouts for in your ward?
5. Last chance to tell us anything you might need cause its going in the mail this week ok.
Where do I start it was the most amazing incredible week. I can not believe how blessed I am and if I can just stay ahead in my house then I would feel totally complete. Lets start off with finding a note on my family blog with the name of Debbie Forman asking me to please email her so I can talk about our wonderful sons in Africa. That was just amazing. then be told by more then two people that they love love love your letters and how expressive they are about the gospel and your adventures. Thanks so much for letting us share your mission through those communications. Today I thanked Mr Orr for the part he played in helping you to write. He told me he didn't think it really had much to to with him at all. So I send a note to the Mother of Elder Forman and have the funnest connection which I did send to you. I am going to copy your letters and send them to Rhett because he can not access a computer at all and wonders what is going on out there in the world and with his family. You may not think this but you are touching those who have lost their way with your enthusiasm and spirit of sharing the gospel. I am having a great time with Bethany having lost weight and connecting to one of my cousins who runs marathons and paying attention to some of how her Friends do it. I am now going two miles run walking on the treadmill and this week trying to increase it to 4 now if people will just not calling me in the morning. I am still at 160lbs and when Bethany and I do whats called another weight lose round in two week Jadie is going to join us and do it too. I also was talked into finally chopping my hair by your sister and dying it more blond. So everyone loves it and some do not know who I am at first its kinda of funny. Even Nana and Papa didn't get it at first. So Sat I went to my cousins Alli wedding shower. She is Rozans youngest daughter. All but one of her sisters was there and another cousin from a different family was there after it was all over we went and gabbed over lunch and at my Aunt Rozans house. It was so so so so much fun. We talked about everything and when I say everything I mean everything. To reconnect to them was almost spiritual and also realizing that we are all so human with failings and struggles that we each get to climb over and most of all just keep on caring and praying and loving each other through UNCONDITIONALLY. I only wish that all the girl cousins were there and then maybe the boys cousins on another day, but hey isn't that called a family reunion. So we are going to have one even if its only the same ones that came on Sat again we are all making one happen the day after Alli's wedding day in the first of June. We all can hardly wait. Now that the ice is all broken for some of us it should be easier for the others to come we hope. Jadie me and Bethany were the ones that went together up there.
So today Dad and I left right after sacrament meeting and attended a special Monroe Stake Temple Devotional. There were about 500 members from our stake that are temple worthy there. This was held in the top of the temple in a beautiful room called the Priesthood session room. There have only been 4 held of this kind this year for the area that is covered by this Temple. Out of all of those ours was the largest gathering that the Temple Pres. had seen. One of the reasons was to be commended for the Extraction work that our stake had completed this year with over 1,000.000 names readied and then again going over by 500,000 over the goal. The amount of names that were done would fill every room within the walls of that temple including the hall ways and closets with those who have gone on before. For a split second you could feel a presence of how crowded we were and that it was on a no seeing of our humans eyes bases. I leaned and asked Dad, I wonder how many are here right now. This has made it so that their is an amazing searchable online family history record so that members can begin to identify their ancestors. There is still billions of names that need to be put onto the online records for everyone in the world to research. There have been over 300 new or renewed temple members this year alone and that would count you as one of the number in our stake. We were told that Brigham Young when dedicating the land for the temple that he produced a blessing that stated that the area around this temples land would be protected and that the riches or wealthy resources of this land would not be released until the Lord saw fit and it became his will. The Temple Pres. joked and stated that well you can now thank Brigham young for having to work so hard to make a living in this the sanpete and sevier counties. That by keeping these wealthy resources locked away it would keep the people here within from seeking the worldly riches and becoming side tracked into the wrong paths of life. I leaned over and whispered to your Dad and said so I guess we won't be getting any black gold oil in the near future. I do remember praying that it would be found so that we could somehow pay for all that Jeremy was going to cost us and then finally just letting go and having Faith. Did you know that that is the first and most important Power to do all things, FAITH. Read Moroni 7 and verse 45 it is so important. There are 7 or maybe its 8 virtues that are so so so very important to our salvation and Faith is the first most important one. So about that scripture that you want us to return and report on of 1Nephi 13:37. Dad and I would say that for our day and age we must redeem our dead to be a Zion people because we are nothing without them. Along with that of sharing the gospel to all that we come in contact with daily by our example and words and our DEEDS. We were told to pattern our homes after the temple organizations and then there were many sacred things that we can not talk about anywhere but within the walls of the temple itself.
It was a great week but of course I have to redeem the house after leaving the crazy boys to fend for themselves but I guess thats ok too. I bore my testimony today about how greatful I am for Heavenly Fathers family plan. Pres. Cottle asked how you were today and to give you his love. I love you and have an amazing week touching the lives of many people.
Love Mom and the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment