Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hey cousins write to the Missionary!

1. Do people there get to go to the temple very often or does it seem very far for them to travel to Johannesburg?
1.Well from here it is way to far to travel, and most people don't have their own cars, so if they want to go to the temple, then they have to wait until there is a branch temple trip.

2. Tell us about the orphanage there and what more you see with the humanitarian kits that you gave out. One of the Howell girls sewed many of them that got sent from our stake.
2.Well we actually haven't been to that place in a while now because they haven't had anything for us to do. It's not really an orphanage, it's just a place that provides meals for the kids coming from school and for some of the orphaned kids around. It's a nice place, but I'm not really sure how it all works.

4. Has the fruit gotten ripe and what are you eating now days?
4. Well The Mango's are getting big, but their not quite ready yet. Everyone says they will be ready early December, and there is a large possibility that i could leave before that, i really hope that i don't, but you never know. Litchis are starting to grow and we even saw a guava tree the other day(the fruit was still tiny though) I'm not really eating that healthy I think.

Well this week has been AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our district is still doing very well and all of the new missionaries are getting along well. It's nice to have them all around, because you don't have to put up with missionaries that don't want to be obedient.-Elder Lechner is my favorite missionary. You should definitely send him a package. (typed by Elder Lechner)- I got to tell you mission is awesome. This week Elder Rasi and i have focused most of our time on preparing and trying to discern if Brother and Sister Mpofu are ready and we feel that they are. It's been tuff for them due to brother mpofu's work, His boss is a Muslim and doesn't really respect their belief. he says he will relive them on Sundays, and then he never shows up. It kinda sucks, but Bro Mpofu says he's not going to put up with it much anymore and so he might quit or something. they are and awesome family and if they make it to baptism this Sunday and tinashe as well, we will have made our overall goal for the trimester (Sept-Dec) it will give us a chance to really work hard and bring more to eternal life in December. We are doing very well, and the work is great.

1. Just a question about how Justin Rhett and my other cousins and friends are doing through out the world (Devin, Sam...)
2. How is Aunt Jadie, Amber.......

I love you all family and I hope to hear from you all
Elder Jones


Family letter to the missionary
.

Mon Nov 1

Well I guess you will get two letters today. This time I made sure to get the letter written early so that didn't end up having kids keep me from sending a note to you. I even checked the time and it should have gotten to you before you were sending to us. I love you too lots young man you make me very happy that you are setting a great example to your brothers. I hope you can understand the end of C letter that he mailed in the Christmas box it shows how you are an example to them by his signature.

Tell all those Greenie Elders that they are amazing to be serving and know that they will settle down soon just hopefully they will keep that fire in them that they need to reach all those who want a better life.
Today is Thur as I add some to the note I realize that I accidentally put your other address on the letter that I sent last week. I am so sorry I sure couldn't understand why you would not have gotten my letter as I knew I had sent it before you were looking at email. I hope that you have gotten several different photos over the last two weeks because I have sent some like J and the dance and the boys the fire and Halloween pumpkin gathering with the whole Bingham side of the family. Tonight Dad and I went to dinner with all his bros and sis to celebrate their birthdays. Twila said that Sam is now a Zone Leader and his trainer who is from that area is done serving but he gets to see Sam often. Sam says he really has enjoyed that and the Young man said that his Portuguese is just like everyone on the Island where he is, this is a compliment to him.
Dallas said that there are a few people who have said things like "oh your Tyrells cousin" while he has been up at Snow College.
Well it's Saturday and we have now gotten through the race that I wrote to you about last week in the letter I sent to Timbuktu. Mc and K did the mile race and K took second and Mc took 3rd they both realized that they needed to train more, a little girl beat K by a long shot and her Mom is also the one who won in the age group younger then mine. I came in second and Dad stayed right by me speeding up and down along the race. We were not last but almost so no one got a turkey for our thanksgiving dinner. It was fun and I will be trying to send a pic so you can see the running results of all of us. Brother and sister Shaw raced in the race also. J stayed with the little boys and took the pictures for us. C went to Mountain Pleasant instead of racing to watch the Football team all of a sudden after losing almost the whole season they won enough to make them be in a position to play in the finals. They beat the two top ranked teams and then today they got beat out . He said he had fun but he is never going to go on a rooter bus again. His number this year was 11 and that pic is yes him at his last game. Lins Grocery store is closing and so lots of sales have been going on. Lots of people out of work also. It seems a bit crazy to close the store with the best parking lot and bigger freezers. We had just picked up an application to see if J could work there but oh well. I have been permanently hired on with the Sevier School District and it is now official. So nothing going on with anyone that I can see on your facebook like wedding invites so you must have boring friends. We are very ready to hear what happening on that side of the world with your goals and baptism and new companion and whatever else you can tell us of the special work that your are doing.

Start looking for a package its in the mail for over a week now and there is Christmas for you and one other person and maybe even a few other fun combinations of things. Sunday, Dad's turn to stay home with a sick kids Z this time. Dad was sustained today as the new secretary in the Young men's group so now he can keep C under control maybe. Hopefully work will not get in the way of him being able to go to the activities. It was very interesting to walk into sacrament, There was the young women who I help on the bus with her wheel chair ramp. Then one of the very rowdy little boys and his sister that I have to keep sitting down on the bus. Again towards the back was a little tiny boy who always wants to sit by the N B boy and draw pictures with him. And then another little girl that I always have to tell her to sit down. It was very overwhelming they are not members or inactive families I was really not sure which and then at the end of the fast and testimony meeting I felt more and more strongly about bearing my testimony to the love and knowledge that the Lord knows how to help us if we but listen and ask him for help. I bore my testimony about feeling grateful that Iwas able to get this job and that I cared deeply for these children that were his and I hoped that no one like the Mothers would be offended if I bossed them around and made them sit down and even reminded them that they should not act that way because that is how Heavenly Father and Jesus would want them to act. I felt very overwhelmed and seeing a bit of my patriarchal blessing coming to light in my life as it says that I will be a mother to the children of the neighborhood and they even call me bus Moma sometimes or Teacher Jones. Mc passed the sacrament for the first time today and did very well. Then he did the fast offerings. C went with him a couple of times and I even saw him helping him to make his tie a bit straighter at M's M house. Later J did her project for the values of young women hood. She demonstrated that she could make and find out how to make the Jalapeno Poppers. She gave a sample to everyone. On the way home we talked about a new goal to make and she is now going to try reading the Book of Mormon before you come home, me and T are going to read with her and I got her a special book marker to mark as she goes she is also giving one to T. I think I sent one like it to you it was yellow. Then C I found out has to read also to get his duty to God for being a teacher and Mc made a goal to just read more for school so they got a book mark and C read out loud to Mc and they started the first chapter. I read to Z but K had already fallen asleep. At least this Sunday was a bit more peaceful then the last month ones. Most of all I hope that J and C by reading can somehow become a bit better friends. The first of this week was rough with them having some struggles with each other and then poor J and T had a struggle with tec crew. Well with two letters I am not sure you are going to have time to answer all the questions nor read everything nor look at everything so I except whatever comes back ok and just know that we love you lots and lots.

Love you have a super great week Love all your family

No comments:

Post a Comment