Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Elder Jones posting from South Africa, Mon, November 16, 2009

Well there is a major time difference between you and i so that could possibly be the reason for the delay. Right now it is 10:00am here but it is probably like 2:00am-ish there. so that could be the problem. yeah J. e-maild me about all that stuff. But that's cool because i probably wouldn't have turned him in i would have just ignored him so that's good. that she has the courage to stand up for herself.
that's good that you have all been reading scriptures, and to answer your question i am in 3rd nephi right now in the book of mormon, but we are supposed to study preach my gospel more so i have been doing that the most. but definatly keep reading the scriptures. especialy J and C.
About the bible and stuff, Did they give you a new member package? is the newtestament miniture? well just send the new testament and the book of mormon and D&C. i don't need the gospel principles book. once i get it, i'll see what i can do to make it work.

Well as for what's going on here, we had kind of a slow week and we didn't meet many new people and alot of our apointments cancelled on us. but we did have 5 baptisim's this sunday wich was good but unfortunatly we were supposed to have 6 but one of them bailed at the last minute. It was frustrating. We were waiting to see him in sacrament and the people who bring him to chruch showed up but he didn't so we thought they had forgotten him. So we left sacrament and went to his house. we found him cleaning the house and we were kind of suprised. he told us that his sister and brother told him he wasn't grown up enough to be baptized and he is now going to go back to the methodist church. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING!!! He was our golden investigator and he loved everything we were teaching him and he kept all of the commandments. it was so sad but we have moved on now, and we are going to go talk to him on wednsday so we'll see what happens. but yeah things are good here and transfers are wednsday morning. i'm still staying in ridgeway but we are getting two new greenies in our district.
It's awesome to hear from all of you, M. and K. and Z.. and i love each of you very much. keep up the good reading and learn lots from the scriptures. THey ARE AWESOME!!!!
well Talk to you later, i'm running out of e-mail time
Tyrell

P.S. Love you Dad

Letter to Tyrell Nov.15 2009
We are very busy now with wrestling and J. is assingned the spotlight for the show. Everyone is trying to read thier scriptures so to make a challenge for them they want to know where you are in your Book of Mormon. Well M. mostly wants to know and C. wants to beat him reading, you know how he makes everything into a competition. I got a bible but it is only the new
testiment the Bishop has know idea how to get a Old testiment it is the millatary edition and it came with a book of Mormon and a D&C and a gospel principals booklet do you want any of they to come or just the New testiment. Well we are getting a package ready for Christmas and hope that it will arrive in time for that holiday of the Lords birth. I hope your baptizum was wonderful and you can tell people about our blog even if you can't look at it. Smile and have an amazing week filled with the spirit of the Lord. Sorry about the missspelled words I tried to spell check and you computer must need defraged because it would not change anything. Love Mom
This is M. letter: I am growing mold for a science project on the 20th and I get to have a rootbeer party and who ever wins gets to have a 50$price 20$ for second and and third. On the nineteenth is my manners dinner and I have to do a presentation on demo of making romen noodles in the microwave that same day. And at the manners dinner my Moms is going to be thier and bringing the toppings for the ice cream. I am reading my scriptures and I am on page 20. I love you very much.
K. letter: Dear Tyrell I am working hard to learn to read. I am working on reading my scriptures also. It snowed and I want to know what is happening to sister Eunice and her daughter. I pray for them every day and for Bryler. We made snow towers out of the snow M. and I and Z.. We went sleding down a little hill. I am so glad you are being a missionary keep doing a good job. I miss you and love you be good. Love K..
Z. saying Hi. I love you I like you so much. Is it fun their? We are sending something to you for Christmas. I bet it sucks with out snow so we are sending you some. I am happy that you are serving a mission. How many people did you baptize besides K.? I love you Tyrell Love Z.
Dad: Happy Birthday Christmas may yankee doodle eat Mary had a little lamb for breakfast. I hope you are having a very narlybodasious time. Please baptize a lot of converts and more importantly convert your self and may your testimony grow and expand. I love you very much Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment