Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

GIRLS HIKE 4yr level

Nervous about not being able to make it and crashing the hike can I really keep up with the girls, it’s been along time since I have hiked like this carrying my own food and bedding gear, but I guess I am game. J. and the MOM with all the other girls from Monroe stake took off over Monroe Mountain just a bit below signal peak looking at the beauty of nature, the flowers that were everywhere and the smell of Elk but not really seeing any. At one point we were right out on the rocky ledge that when you are down in the valley you can see up on the side of the mountain. Someone was brave and built an alter of rocks on the very edge of it were it is all rocky. There were the most heavenly smelling flowers up there; maybe you could smell them because there wasn’t as much pollution up above the clouds at 10, 0000.00 feet. We slept very cozy and dumped extra water as we walked back out to lighten our load. I think my hike with the family the weekend before prepped me to make it through this long hike. Sharing my testimony and camping just me and her were the best of all. I love You J. GIRL!

No comments:

Post a Comment