Johannesburg South Africa Temple

Johannesburg South Africa Temple
Click on to see what our family belives.

Monday, June 15, 2009

DRYER FIASCO



WE have this brand new dryer, well three years old and it goes and starts smoking like its on fire. Tyrell is yelling and Alonzo comes running while trying to get dressed at the same time. They jerk it out from the wall and unplug it and open the door, the smoke stops, the smell stays. After taking it all apart we found that the lint was going down in to the bottom and not out the vent. Some was somehow getting past the lint catcher. It had all caught on fire right along the top of the lint that coated the bottom of the dryer. One plus is that the body is made of metal. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS IT ONLY SMOKED. We haven’t tried to see if it will work yet. Maybe I don’t want to anymore, hanging cloths out to dry sounds nice right now except I would never stay ahead of what the boys can wear in a day. I definitely am going to do a yearly clean out of the bottom since I do not trust my lint catcher. I even cleaned under it about two weeks ago. Thank goodness Tyrell was just around the corner and smelled the smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment